Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why wasnt bob monkhouse knighted?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Dodd will never get a knighthood as the biggest charadee He supports is himself.

Look back at his trial for tax evasion and who is going to allow someone who got away with fiddling the state (personal view he was guilty but would never get a fair trial in this country) a gong symbol of the state?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My mum used to work in theatre with Monkhouse in the 50s/60s when he was an unknown and says that he was a complete control freak and up his own arse. Not that she influenced my opinion of 'the legend' but he was a wooden, out-dated talentless twat with an ego problem that he had no right to have.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Cheeky Monkey said:
My mum used to work in theatre with Monkhouse in the 50s/60s when he was an unknown and says that he was a complete control freak and up his own arse. Not that she influenced my opinion of 'the legend' but he was a wooden, out-dated talentless twat with an ego problem that he had no right to have.
Still the funniest stand up comedian we've ever produced though. When you look at all the bad luck he endured in his private life I feel I can forgive him anything. I think it is true that he was quite wild in his younger days but as he grew older he became very compassionate and loyal to his family yet still made making people laugh a top priority.
People have been knighted for a lot less than he achieved. And yes, he did do loads for charity.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
timco said:
Dodd will never get a knighthood as the biggest charadee He supports is himself.

Look back at his trial for tax evasion and who is going to allow someone who got away with fiddling the state (personal view he was guilty but would never get a fair trial in this country) a gong symbol of the state?

cue: Jeffrey Archer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here