Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Tyson sent off?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't catch all the phone in but didn't hear why he went?

Anyone?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Sending Off Today

Well what actually happened was El Abd elbowed as the player did not dispute the red ?

Also why did El Abd fall over poll axed in a rather lame attempt at getting someone else in trouble ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry merge the threads, I thought he elbowed El Abd ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
On the live stats it said serious foul play. I don't think mouthing off at the linesman would be classed as that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Violent conduct of some sort, according to both BBC and ITV reports.

He did appear to have a guilty conscience, judging by the speed at which he turned on his heel and jogged off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Elbowed El Abd apparently. I noticed the other striker indicating that too to one of the defenders who was clearly mystified about what had happened.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
was strange was still shouting at the ref about not letting Butters get treatment, turn around and the ref is talking to the lino and then shows Tyson a red and off he runs with no argument from him or any Forest player. Very strange

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
i heard he gave abuse to the lino of scr. but didn't think that ment a red card.
i agree he didn't seem to argue about did he? just went straight off

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I didn't see it as was watching to see if butters was going to get up. Was quite shocked to see the ref bring out the red but took it that it might have been an elbow

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rookie said:
was strange was still shouting at the ref about not letting Butters get treatment, turn around and the ref is talking to the lino and then shows Tyson a red and off he runs with no argument from him or any Forest player. Very strange

Looked for all the world from the distant distance of H Block that he was having a pop at the lino/ref for stopping the game with Forest in a good position due to Butters having sustained an injury which looked bad but which he'd shrugged off pretty quick. Guy was more or less back on his feet when ther ref flashed the red. Must have been more to it than that surely to warrant a straight red? A bit ODD, to be sure.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It was definitely an elbow on El Abd. I know one of the match sponsors, and he told them after the game. Case closed!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If he had been sent off for swearing at an assistant then surely it would have been for foul and abusive language, not serious foul play.

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
i thought it could only be 2 things either arm raised or abusive language!

did anyone see kuipers elbow the forest player in the 2nd half at a corner???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here