Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why was there no george boyd for peterborough

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I'm curious to know too. A bookies in their town centre today had his odds in the window for 1st goalscorer so he must have been due to start come this morning I suppose ?

Doesn't mean anything. When you see odds for Albion scorers in Brighton bookies, they'll usually quote a price for all players, fit or injured. If somebody places a bet on a crock to score, the bookie isn't going to refuse your money.

They would even take a bet on Vincente.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Doesn't mean anything. When you see odds for Albion scorers in Brighton bookies, they'll usually quote a price for all players, fit or injured. If somebody places a bet on a crock to score, the bookie isn't going to refuse your money.

Who??? Surely he don't play for us :lol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Looking at some odds today before the game, there were plenty offering Billy Paynter as 1st goalscorer!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Ok, thanks. Clears that one up. Do you get your money back if the player doesn't feature in the game ? I suppose not ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My Peterboro supporting mate keeps saying the Posh fans would love us to make an offer for Boyd because he's been crap for them this season.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Okay, I'll hold my hand up and admit my mistake. Sure I was told Forster was a Palace fan, but not that it matters. Doesn't always work to play for the side you support. Can be the same with managers in a funny sort of way. Manager who was a legend at one club becoming the same at another, e.g. Cloughie. As for Boyd, I was as surprised as everyone else when he wasn't in the starting line-up or subs bench, and rather glad.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
What's being a fan of whatever club got to do with it? To me it's all about improving yourself, I'm a Brighton fan but if Barcelona came calling I might have to think about it! :D

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
But what If Palace came calling?

Yeah true, I would tell them to f*** right off :D or they could call my office on 01 21 do 1

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
Yeah true, I would tell them to f*** right off :D or they could call my office on 01 21 do 1

See if they came calling for me, offering me £15,000 a week. I'd accept, then go on an own-goal scoring spree untill I'm dropped. Taking pride in the fact that I would be just wasting Palace's money for the length of my contract.

I'm a dick like that.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
See if they came calling for me, offering me £15,000 a week. I'd accept, then go on an own-goal scoring spree untill I'm dropped. Taking pride in the fact that I would be just wasting Palace's money for the length of my contract.

I'm a dick like that.
f*** yeah :lol:

I'm curious to know too. A bookies in their town centre today had his odds in the window for 1st goalscorer so he must have been due to start come this morning I suppose ?
Listen to Ferguson's interview.

BBC Sport - Peterborough 1-2 Brighton

Boyd spent two days in hospital earlier in the week and was never going to be fit to play. Peterborough kept this secret from everyone.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here