Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was my thread removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if anyone thought it was inappropriate but Freedom of speech? Surely someone reportedly stealing from the players and manager is worth a discussion? Insider could have maybe shed some light and the way it has been hastily removed suggests it is true as I first thought.

I admit I shouldn't have gone into detail as much as I did but after so much utter drivel posted on here I am surprised it has been immediately categorized and closed. Maybe because I am not part of the niche market of "serial posters that get away with it".

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It was libellous. No need to name people at all. As the site publisher, any resultant legal action would have been against Bozza, not against you as the original poster.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because you can't go throwing allegations and names around like that. If you had more than three brain cells that would be quite obvious. IF this later transpires to be true, then discuss it. Not before.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was libellous. No need to name people at all. As the site publisher, any resultant legal action would have been against Bozza, not against you as the original poster.

No longer true. These days the laws are clarified so that the poster could also be the subject of legal action.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Because you can't go throwing allegations and names around like that. If you had more than three brain cells that would be quite obvious. IF this later transpires to be true, then discuss it. Not before.

Eggsactly.
You've also stated in your post why it should've been removed!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why do people think freedom of speech 1. has no limits and 2. applies to a private messageboard?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The issue for me was that you named them, and it was just based on a conversation which may be right but isn't exactly fact. I think the individual deserved a bit better than that.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You know why it was removed - it could potentially have had Bozza sued.

Still, carry on with your "look at me" thread. Freedom of Speech, after all.

I admit that naming names was the wrong thing to do. The story being true or not will obviously come into question on here and so it should but I can't name names as to who told me and to who he got it from. If you read the original thread then you maybe would have realized where the story came from.

Oh and wanderer, you sewed the seeds a while back so quit while you still have a little bit of respectability intact.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I admit that naming names was the wrong thing to do. The story being true or not will obviously come into question on here and so it should but I can't name names as to who told me and to who he got it from. If you read the original thread then you maybe would have realized where the story came from.

Oh and wanderer, you sewed the seeds a while back so quit while you still have a little bit of respectability intact.

It has been discussed on here already last week so thread closed shirley?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The story was actually on here a week or two ago, no names were mentioned however and I can't remember who posted it now.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

You were wrong to name him. Even if he's proved totally innocent mud sticks unfortunately.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry if anyone thought it was inappropriate but Freedom of speech? Surely someone reportedly stealing from the players and manager is worth a discussion? Insider could have maybe shed some light and the way it has been hastily removed suggests it is true as I first thought.

I admit I shouldn't have gone into detail as much as I did but after so much utter drivel posted on here I am surprised it has been immediately categorized and closed. Maybe because I am not part of the niche market of "serial posters that get away with it".

:nono:

are people really this dense :facepalm:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
murraymints, I sympathise with you entirely,and just to emphasise how ridiculous and unworkable libellous laws are,all you needed to do to circumnavigate the drama queens on here was to write the word 'allegedly' before your interesting story.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
murraymints, I sympathise with you entirely,and just to emphasise how ridiculous and unworkable libellous laws are,all you needed to do to circumnavigate the drama queens on here was to write the word 'allegedly' before your interesting story.

So if someone on here who happened to know your real name, started a thread quoting your name and where you work, and said that you are *allegedly* a thief, you'd be perfectly ok with that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here