Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why was Fab sent off?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Really? That's even more extraordinary. It's a textbook red card. What are they thinking?
As per this Nottingham Post article, Forest requested an extension to respond to the charge against Nuno (the deadline was originally tomorrow but it has been extended until next Wednesday). It appears that is why Nuno will be on the touchline this weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar had happened with Albion (as I can't see any other reason why Huerzeler would escape a touchline ban).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
"..unacceptable technical area behaviour" is so broad and all-encompassing it could literally cover anything.
Like a mix of Orwell and Kafka. I like it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
:Edit:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Man loves his water bottle
Yup. Love it.

I don't trust football managers who don't have a psycho relationship with their water bottle.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And as mentioned on TS after the match as per my earlier post …..so that release from the PL was incorrect?
If you are referring to the Premier League release I posted - stepping onto the pitch is included in ‘unacceptable behaviour in the technical area’ . However, as I said before, just encroaching on the pitch is usually a warning or caution for the first offence in the absence of aggressive behaviour to a match official so I would not surprised if the red was given to FH in confusion/haste/kneejerk once it had all kicked off with handbags at dawn - leaving the technical area and encroaching on the pitch or into another teams technical area to challenge the ref or any match official in a confrontational manner is what earns a red card usually. However, it seems FH’s disagreement was mild enough not to receive a match ban (in other words his behaviour was probably more deserving of a warning/at the most a caution imo but who’s going to admit to that in retrospect?.
IMG_1293.jpeg

IMG_1294.jpeg

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If you are referring to the Premier League release I posted - stepping onto the pitch is included in ‘unacceptable behaviour in the technical area’ . However, as I said before, just encroaching on the pitch is usually a warning or caution for the first offence in the absence of aggressive behaviour to a match official so I would not surprised if the red was given to FH in confusion/haste/kneejerk once it had all kicked off with handbags at dawn - leaving the technical area and encroaching on the pitch or into another teams technical area to challenge the ref or any match official in a confrontational manner is what earns a red card usually. However, it seems FH’s disagreement was mild enough not to receive a match ban (in other words his behaviour was probably more deserving of a warning/at the most a caution imo but who’s going to admit to that in retrospect?.
Well the fact that he didn't get a match ban for his red card is basically admitting that it was too harsh.

They could easily have gone with the "pretend nothing went wrong"-way and banned him, but opted to sort out the poor/harsh decision. Can't ask for much more than that.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well the fact that he didn't get a match ban for his red card is basically admitting that it was too harsh.

They could easily have gone with the "pretend nothing went wrong"-way and banned him, but opted to sort out the poor/harsh decision. Can't ask for much more than that.
I disagree - but you are right in so far as we won’t get much more than that so its pointless asking..as I indicated above.

So they are admitting it tacitly but that is not enough in the interest of integrity and transparency - a mistake is a mistake - if FH didn’t deserve a red, then it should be withdrawn with an apology - Red cards don’t automatically mean match bans (although they do usually but that is discretionary anyway - not receiving a ban doesn’t detract from the fact a red card has been used to sanction a player/coach/sub etc ) - it’s just strange messaging that’s all. Howard Webb makes it a full time job apologising for referee errors - I’m sure he can fit another one into his busy schedule.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I disagree - but you are right in so far as we won’t get much more than that so its pointless asking..as I indicated above.

So they are admitting it tacitly but that is not enough in the interest of integrity and transparency - a mistake is a mistake - if FH shouldn’t have deserved a red, then it should be withdrawn with an apology - maintaining a red card penalty without the penalty of a ban isn’t a red card - I mean wtf half-ar&ed outcome is that!? Howard Webb makes it a full time job apologising for referee errors - I’m sure he can fit another one into his busy schedule.
Hopefully not. Its something he should quit doing, at least until clubs start publicly apologising to refs for their diving and timewasting. Or until they make public apologies to their fans about mistakes by recruitment teams, staff or players. Its not fair or healthy the way it is now.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hopefully not. Its something he should quit doing, at least until clubs start publicly apologising to refs for their diving and timewasting. Or until they make public apologies to their fans about mistakes by recruitment teams, staff or players. Its not fair or healthy the way it is now.

On that we can agree. (Not sure what Clubs apologising to fans for mistakes in recruitment have to do with any of this though. )

The whole relationship between Clubs/fans and match officials is crook tbh and unless it’s sorted, there will be a dire shortage of referees going into the game with the calibre and personal skills the role needs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here