Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the postponement at Ibrox?

The Southern League have belatedly postponed the five-match midweek programme because it used to be sponsored by Beazer Homes with, of course, it's connection with "Beryl the Peril" who used to appear in
"The Beezer & Topper" before moving to "The Dandy" on its demise in 1993. A League spokesman publicly apologised to Beryl Watson's family for any distress caused by the delay, explaining that they thought the minx had moved from "The Topper" before it merged with "The Beezer". He also revealed that in a spirit of great humility and apology, the League's management committee had offered to send the historic Southern League Championship Shield to the crematorium where it was to be burnt alongside the coffin, after having its silver plaques smelted and sold to fund a memorial . However Albion chairman Nick Dight intervened, citing the club's thrice winning of the trophy as justification for its reprieve.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
True, he was a good chairman, one of the old school, and by football standards a great man. Consequently an impeccably observed minute's silence at Ibrox (if it could be done which is moot) would have been a fitting tribute. And you do admit that postponing the match was a tribute too far.

But you also must admit that bhafc99's excellent post sums up the way football's going.

EDIT: I wonder if the fact that Rangers were worried about their fans not observing a minute's silence was what prompted them to postpone?

Errr.............so why is the possibility of a minutes silence at Ibrox a 'moot point'?!

Explain yourself ya twat?!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Errr.............so why is the possibility of a minutes silence at Ibrox a 'moot point'?!

Explain yourself ya twat?!!
What's to explain? Do you think they'd have a minute's silence for the Pope or the President of Ireland?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
What's to explain? Do you think they'd have a minute's silence for the Pope or the President of Ireland?

But it was neither was it? So that 'point' is irrelevant!!

Why have a pop about something you clearly know fvck all about?

If you're going to have a cheap dig at another teams fans at least back it
up with an argument or some facts.

For the record Rangers fans are generally very respectful of requests for a
minutes silence on occasions like these.

:tosser:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But it was neither was it? So that 'point' is irrelevant!!

Why have a pop about something you clearly know fvck all about?

If you're going to have a cheap dig at another teams fans at least back it
up with an argument or some facts.

For the record Rangers fans are generally very respectful of requests for a
minutes silence on occasions like these.

:tosser:

Bloody hell you're a touchy little Hun aren't you? It's no big deal, it was just a supposition; I'm sure most Rangers fans would observe a minute's silence whether it was for a football chairman or for the Pope, but maybe they were worried that not all would eh? Or maybe they weren't, I actually don't give a toss either way. Mountains, molehills.

Oh and just for the record I know quite a lot about Rangers. My stepfather was a bright Orange Glaswegian Protestant from Springburn and I saw them several times when I was younger back in the 1970s.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm sure most Rangers fans would observe a minute's silence...for the Pope
Erm...do you really think that? I might be being terribly unfair to them...but I'm really not so sure. My Caledonian colleague says they wouldn't observe a minute's silence if Gordon Strachan died.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Erm...do you really think that? I might be being terribly unfair to them...but I'm really not so sure. My Caledonian colleague says they wouldn't observe a minute's silence if Gordon Strachan died.
No I don't think so either, but Mr Bluenose is bit upset about any possible slur on their fans who would OF COURSE observe a minutes' silence for the Hibs chairman or who ever it was. As I'm sure the Celtic fans would if the Moderator of the Church of Scotland should meet with an untimely end.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
apologies *embarrassedly recalibrates malfunctioning sarcasm detector*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here