Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the HELL have ticket prices been frozen for next season?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
because the signings of Micky Adams and Adam Virgo will bring back all the people that didnt come last season, and we will instantly turn into a force to be reckoned with in this league, playing attractive football, and only 2 years away from Falmer and Premiership Football, and 3 years away from Champions League GLORY - meaning no matter what the costs, people will fill the ground anyway.

that or because Season Ticket prices were frozen and you cant mess with STHers!!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
because people like you wanted wilkins out so after paying him off and like brett says micky and virgs coming back they were never gonna go down

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I suspect they have been analysing who attends the matches and we have a fan base of 3,000 STH and then about 1,000 who will go to matches regardless. The excess is presumably made up of younger fans who attend when they can.

So we are aiming at the younger fanbase now and the regulars will continue to attend even with a price freeze, as they have done for much of the stay at Withdean.

Bit of a shame that those who have stuck with it are not given a price decrease, but with losses of £2.5m+ there is not much of a margin to play about with prices. Would a £1 decrease make much difference to a paying punter? No. Would a £5 decrease? Yes, but can we afford to do that?

Plus, we have reached a stage where it is all or nothing. We have had to beat off other clubs to sign Virgo, Hawkins et al and I imagine that is not cheap.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
What i find slightly odd is that tickets are on general sale for Stockport at home.

Which isn't until next May!!!

That seems so far off at the moment....

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
The Albion used to be known for a large fan at active sales - te base and good crowds at home and away. Away still isnt bad but Gillingham then Withdean have had an effect. Also the club have always been very poor at actively selling to its market. There is no excuse for the marketing department to fail to sell 8,000 tickets to the population of Sussex. Its time they did it, no excuses

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Albion used to be known for a large fan at active sales - te base and good crowds at home and away. Away still isnt bad but Gillingham then Withdean have had an effect. Also the club have always been very poor at actively selling to its market. There is no excuse for the marketing department to fail to sell 8,000 tickets to the population of Sussex. Its time they did it, no excuses

That is very true. They stay poked away in their little shop whilst there are masses of people wandering about less than 100m away. Get out there with flyers, get Gully wandering about Churchill Square, get someone pedalling a bike up and down Brighton with an advertising trailer on the back etc. etc.

Even crappy little nightclubs have a better attitude to marketing than the club. They may as well not exist for all you see of them in the city centre.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What i find slightly odd is that tickets are on general sale for Stockport at home.

Which isn't until next May!!!

That seems so far off at the moment....

I think its a really good idea. Some people work some weekends and this will allow them to book up for games they know they can and will attend.

Some people can't afford a season ticket, but may also come into money some weeks and can buy a batch of games when they have the dollar.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Good point. I still think we'd get an extra 250-500 fans if pay on the gate was an option

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That is very true. They stay poked away in their little shop whilst there are masses of people wandering about less than 100m away. Get out there with flyers, get Gully wandering about Churchill Square, get someone pedalling a bike up and down Brighton with an advertising trailer on the back etc. etc.

Even crappy little nightclubs have a better attitude to marketing than the club. They may as well not exist for all you see of them in the city centre.

And it's not only Brighton.

Why aren't we selling tickets in Hassocks/Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath/Eastbourne/Worthing as well?

Sussex is a MASSIVE target audience, but the club will justify 25 quid because there aren't 8000 in BRIGHTON who want to watch the Albion, meaning a price drop wouldn't change too much.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unfortunately the marketing side is crap and I dread to think what initiatives we will have to fill a 24,000 seater stadium.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beachy put me in charge and i will fill it and not at a stupid amount per seat either

It needs a really dynamic mind to do this but things are progressing as the current marketing manager has left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here