Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the f*** was Davies given offside?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Someone please explain.

I'm sure the ball was played into his feet and then he turned the centre half. The goal really would have done him good, a superb finish after two abysmal attempts minutes before.

Last edited:

Tommo2009

Nov 5, 2009
havent seen it, but I have no doubt, with confidence, davies will be a top class league 1 striker

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Someone please explain.

I'm sure the ball was played into his feet and then he turned the centre half. The goal really would have done him good, a superb finish after two abysmal attempts minutes before.

About the first time he's hit the target in a year and that tosser puts his flag up!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I guess the linesman flaged for a push when he turned the defender. There is no way it could have been given offside!

zico

Oct 27, 2009
i was right behind the goal ,the linesman gave offside but there is no way it was ,i thought it was a suburb finish and thought davies looked sharp and did well when he came on.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
discgraceful descion, and a quality finish!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I guess the linesman flaged for a push when he turned the defender. There is no way it could have been given offside!

Was definately given offside, flag was raised straight up, as i remember looking to see what had been given. Im with everyone else, it appeared he recieved the ball with the defender in his back and then turned him, how it was offside i havent a clue!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I was FURIOUS I tell you, FURIOUS!

After calming down, and thinking about it, I can only assume either the linesman made a HUGE cockup, or, Davies was JUST offside when the ball was played, and he quickly moved infront of the defender enabling him to turn him.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I was FURIOUS I tell you, FURIOUS!

After calming down, and thinking about it, I can only assume either the linesman made a HUGE cockup, or, Davies was JUST offside when the ball was played, and he quickly moved infront of the defender enabling him to turn him.

nope. Davies was definately onside. had the player hugging him from behind for a little while before the ball was played, then Davies turned him brilliantly.

dreadful decision. would have done the lad a great deal :US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here