Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why still no loan striker signings ?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
If you keyboard warriors :wanker: had bothered to read a comment made by Gus earlier in the emergency loan period and indeed had the ability to remember that far back then you would have known and presumably understood that Gus had said that "As the loan period is for 90 days only, then to get a loan STRIKER :goal: early into the loan window would disqualify them from playing the busy Xmas :xmas:/ new year fixtures as their loan would have expired by then !!!
SIMPLE MATHEMATICS !!!
YAWN !!!!!!!

alright smartarse.....................also remember Gus saying at the pre-season fans forum how he saw it as a priority to get a 'striker with prescence' in to help CMS out......

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Totally agree. Barnes, Dobbie and Toby are great alongside a main leading the line striker but it seems to me when CMS is unavailable we are are seriously lacking in that type of out and out striker.

If we are relying om McSmudger to score consistantly at this level then i think we are in trouble

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If we had had Bruno fit we would have beaten Ipswich - better defending and they wouldn't have scored and we certainly would have won by some distance with slightly better defending and a bit more creativity. I also think CMS would have scored from Buckley's pull backs from the goal line, but without him there was no one there to tap in.

Not sure the result against B'ham would have been much different as they defended so well.

The issue for me is that the key players don't seem to be possible to replace with the squad we have - maybe the new guys will settle in and make it happen. Certainly Orlandi seems to be getting better every game. But just now we struggle when the first team are out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody on the radio phone in suggested that we should have gone after Beckford. When asked for his view Warren Aspinall said that is ok if you want to pay £40k a week wages for a striker but he didn't think that he was worth it.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We've got 3 strikers so why should we waste money getting a loan player in unless he's better than we've already got. If there is a player who's better than we've already got, then he won't be a free agent at the moment.

Who said free agent? LOAN.

Iwelumo or Nugent type of player is what we need.

We only have ONE CF but clearly need more strength up front

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
why still no loan striker signings ?surely the last 2 games highlights how lightweight we are up front

The reason is that every week we go without a striker on x k per week wages, it's x thousand into the sign Zamora in January fund. We are basically 'saving up' :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The reason is that every week we go without a striker on x k per week wages, it's x thousand into the sign Zamora in January fund. We are basically 'saving up' :D

Oh how I wish that was true

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who said free agent? LOAN.

Iwelumo or Nugent type of player is what we need.

We only have ONE CF but clearly need more strength up front

So that sort of player would be available for loan would they? If they were that sort of player, they'd be playing in their own side week in and week out.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
So that sort of player would be available for loan would they? If they were that sort of player, they'd be playing in their own side week in and week out.

Yes it's always as simple as that isn't it. Bobby Zamora, was he playing week in week out for Bristol Rovers when we signed him on loan?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes it's always as simple as that isn't it. Bobby Zamora, was he playing week in week out for Bristol Rovers when we signed him on loan?

Agree-

No he was not,they had some very good forwards at the time,Bobby was well down the pecking order.
We need to keep looking,they are out there-like you say.

Albion4Ev3R

Aug 23, 2010
Hove
I'm not saying this is the awnser but has anyone given a thought to Will Hoskins??, He knows how we play because he's been with us for 2 years (admitadly injured most of it), any loan signing wouldn't be able to fit in like Will Hoskins would, unless he came from a team that played the same style of football I.e Swansea. I have a feeling that Will Hoskins has a lot to give he's played 2 games in 2 years and he's scored 2 goals, so maybe everyone should give him a chance before we start looking for a Loanee striker.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But we have Barnes..... surely we don't need anyone else?!?!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm not saying this is the awnser but has anyone given a thought to Will Hoskins??, He knows how we play because he's been with us for 2 years (admitadly injured most of it), any loan signing wouldn't be able to fit in like Will Hoskins would, unless he came from a team that played the same style of football I.e Swansea. I have a feeling that Will Hoskins has a lot to give he's played 2 games in 2 years and he's scored 2 goals, so maybe everyone should give him a chance before we start looking for a Loanee striker.

He's scored one I could've sworn?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Hoskins must be worth a chance"when fit " ,I am just not sure he wants to be 2nd choice,and that's up to him .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here