Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why still no loan striker signings ?

D

Deleted member 18477

Probably because the last 2 striker loan signings were pretty shit!

Should have signed Heskey!

Last edited by a moderator:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we need an old experienced goal poacher who can put the ball in the net and play for the last 30 mins if we need a goal. Cant think of a name off the top of my head but Nuno Gomez has done that for Blackburn and Kevin Philips has done it for Blackpool. I am sure that there must be a similar type player available somewhere, either in this country or in mainland Europe.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
A decent quality striker who's club is willing to let out on loan who in turn is OK with being on the bench most of the time (probably) isn't easy to find I would imagine.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've got 3 strikers so why should we waste money getting a loan player in unless he's better than we've already got. If there is a player who's better than we've already got, then he won't be a free agent at the moment.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Of the 3 that we have how many and who can be described as a natural goal poacher and relied on to score goals. Simple answer is 1 and he is injured at the moment

Totally agree. Barnes, Dobbie and Toby are great alongside a main leading the line striker but it seems to me when CMS is unavailable we are are seriously lacking in that type of out and out striker.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of the 3 that we have how many and who can be described as a natural goal poacher and relied on to score goals. Simple answer is 1 and he is injured at the moment

One of the two remaining has been promoted with two other teams and the other was our highest goal scorer last season.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We don't NEED another striker, yes it would be nice to have another one, It would also be nice to have backup left back and goal keeper.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of the two remaining has been promoted with two other teams and the other was our highest goal scorer last season.

As a supplier of goal not an actual scorer and the other hasnt looked likely to hit the net very often this season. He appear to very rarely be in the right place at the right time unlike natural goalscorers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here