Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why so many police on Sat

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know someone from Sussex Police who gets over time to police certain high profile Brighton or Crawley matchs because he is riot trained, or something like that.

Hmm, even if if that's true, it's a rare occurrence, simply because they know that so long as they give officers enough notice, they can cancel rest days whenever they want to. The only time a match would incur much o/t under normal circumstances is if it falls on a bank holiday, which can't be helped.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hmm, even if if that's true, it's a rare occurrence, simply because they know that so long as they give officers enough notice, they can cancel rest days whenever they want to. The only time a match would incur much o/t under normal circumstances is if it falls on a bank holiday, which can't be helped.

Sorry, EVEN if that is true?

Why would I lie about something as unimportant as to whether or not someone I knows occasionally gets overtime for policing the Albion?

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
Sussex Police? Do they still exist? could've fooled me. Had my brand new motorbike stolen in November and despite getting registration of van the police were next to useless. The van wasnt stolen, the police knew registered address about 10 minute walk from my flat, the guys were known to the police but get impression no unit was sent to address that night (about 645pm) and the van was also picked up on the ANPR camera on way out of bognor moments later so they even knew the direction. If you ask me Sussex Police = waste of f**king time. Sorry not one to rant but wonder why bother paying council tax for such piss poor service.

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
very true i suppose only good thing about reporting it was to get crime number for insurance company. first time had to call on police hope i dont have to ever again its made me very anti now.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Sussex Police? Do they still exist? could've fooled me. Had my brand new motorbike stolen in November and despite getting registration of van the police were next to useless. The van wasnt stolen, the police knew registered address about 10 minute walk from my flat, the guys were known to the police but get impression no unit was sent to address that night (about 645pm) and the van was also picked up on the ANPR camera on way out of bognor moments later so they even knew the direction. If you ask me Sussex Police = waste of f**king time. Sorry not one to rant but wonder why bother paying council tax for such piss poor service.
ur right there mate, now when was the last time you saw a copper on the beat along your street ? if i was in charge id have em all out the cosy office, outta thier cars and walking about.. here there and everywhere.. i mean take sat night in brighton, queens rd at kicking out time is full o piss heads and mobs, yet where are the police, you guessed it, sitting in thier warm vans in west street having a good ole natter...just complete cock up the whole system

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
I can imagine, i live in bognor and dont see many police about at all, the place is just full of foreigners now and its horrible to live in. Im 6'2" shaved head so look like i can take care of myself but even i feel uncomfortable walking into town as get so many unfriendly looks from foreigners as they just seem to stand out in the streets for no reason. Bognor really has become a big shit hole but because of current financial situation cant afford to sell and move, and to make it worse its more full of pompey supporting scum even though its Sussex still. At least have treated myself to a top seat for next season at the amex to look forward too, pass the time until I can afford a bike again next year.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Sorry, EVEN if that is true?

Why would I lie about something as unimportant as to whether or not someone I knows occasionally gets overtime for policing the Albion?

I am with you Walt. The Sussex cops i know have all got o/t for random things such as EDL rallies in Luton, Albion games, Saturday nights and because the Sgt has allowed to many officers to take leave at the same time (a months notice for that little screw up).

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Bognorandy - so Bognor is full of foreigners who look at you in a funny way?

Reminds of Not The Nine O'Clock News

1m08s in.

Do they also walk on the cracks in the pavements?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here