Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why should Jarrett lose his place?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You've got to take your hat off to McGhee.

Just two weeks before the season started, we were getting shit results in the preseasons, we'd lost our main sellable assets to Leeds and Celtic and hadn't seemed to replace them. CKR has been brought in, but we all know he was untested.

Yet since the season started, we've played 6 games, lost just one more than we've won, and despite having one of the smallest squads (and probably one of the lowest wage bills) in the league, we seem to have meaningful competition in about 9 positions and have played crap just once all season - and that was in the mickey mouse cup.

Last edited:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
it depends what frutos is like. mcghee said frutos is a less complete player than seb and i would maybe say similar things about jarrett, so maybe they are similar players. however, i think jarrett will be a very important player for us this year. the boy has real talent, i thought the same at the plymouth home game LAST season and was baffled as to why he wasn't used for the rest of the season...

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Unless this new winger has the ability of Christiano Ronaldo, along with the match fitness necessary for the game, Jarrett should start.

I don't agree with this idea that you automatically play the winning team. The whole idea of football management is that you try and anticipate problems and not just act after you get beaten. Jarrett's performance was not so untouchable against Preston and Plymouth that he is a definite starter for the rest of the season. If Frutos is outperforming him in training, then McGhee has a difficult choice to make. But that's an if we're not going to know about.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We can only play on one wing at a time. So if we play two wingers, one of them will have to drop back in midfield whilst the other goes forward.

We could omit the right winger altogether and give Harding nothing to do :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would opt for Jarrett... he played well against Plymouth and deserves to keep the shirt... that said, if we have nother Carole on our hands, who knows?...

Just watched the reserves plaay up at Madjeski (losing 2-0).

Have to say it was a disappointing game when we had such a strong side out: Fruity, Kazim, Nicholas, Oatway, Turienzo, Mayo, El Abd, Elphick, Cox, Rents to name a few.

Thought Cox did well first half and Fruity our best player in the second half. I guess he may well be involved bench or starting wise on Saturday as Fruity was subbed about 10 mins from time.

Mayo also got through unscathed but didn't play his normal left back position.

On this display I'd put Fruity on the bench on Saturday but he could well play a part both on saturday as a sub and as the season evolves....another mcghee star signing, hard to tell from this....I hope so! :clap2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Just watched the reserves plaay up at Madjeski (losing 2-0).

Have to say it was a disappointing game when we had such a strong side out: Fruity, Kazim, Nicholas, Oatway, Turienzo, Mayo, El Abd, Elphick, Cox, Rents to name a few.

Thought Cox did well first half and Fruity our best player in the second half. I guess he may well be involved bench or starting wise on Saturday as Fruity was subbed about 10 mins from time.

Mayo also got through unscathed but didn't play his normal left back position.

On this display I'd put Fruity on the bench on Saturday but he could well play a part both on saturday as a sub and as the season evolves....another mcghee star signing, hard to tell from this....I hope so! :clap2:

There you have it then. Fruity's been watched, and he doesn't deserve to start on Saturday. Well done ABS :clap:

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull said:
There you have it then. Fruity's been watched, and he doesn't deserve to start on Saturday. Well done ABS :clap:

Ah yes, that settles it :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Simster said:
You've got to take your hat off to McGhee.

Just two weeks before the season started, we were getting shit results in the preseasons, we'd lost our main sellable assets to Leeds and Celtic and hadn't seemed to replace them. CKR has been brought in, but we all know he was untested.

Yet since the season started, we've played 6 games, lost just one more than we've won, and despite having one of the smallest squads (and probably one of the lowest wage bills) in the league, we seem to have meaningful competition in about 9 positions and have played crap just once all season - and that was in the mickey mouse cup.

So, what about Hull? That was crap as well.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
I don't agree with this idea that you automatically play the winning team. The whole idea of football management is that you try and anticipate problems and not just act after you get beaten. Jarrett's performance was not so untouchable against Preston and Plymouth that he is a definite starter for the rest of the season. If Frutos is outperforming him in training, then McGhee has a difficult choice to make. But that's an if we're not going to know about.

Horses for courses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another Berkshire Seagull said:

Just watch out for the well dodgy 'one for the future' quote being wheeled out. Cos at that point you know the manager's bought a dud and is putting a spin on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here