Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why queue up for Dick's at 6:45.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why are we all so concerned about what everyone else is doing all the time? It's mind boggling. Common concerns:
-People that leave early
-People that arrive late
-People wearing football shirts to a football match
-People singing songs that other people don't like
-People sitting
-People standing
-Stewards not doing anything
-Stewards being over zealous
-People going for half time refreshments on 40 minutes
-People returning from half time refreshments on 50 minutes.

WTF People? Live and let live, don't let other peoples match day routines spoil your experience.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why are we all so concerned about what everyone else is doing all the time? It's mind boggling. Common concerns:
-People that leave early
-People that arrive late
-People sitting
-People standing

WTF People? Live and let live, don't let other peoples match day routines spoil your experience. :albion2:

Post of the day sir!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
-People that leave early
-People that arrive late
-People sitting
-People standing

WTF People? Live and let live, don't let other peoples match day routines spoil your experience.
In this instance I'm genuinely curious as to why someone would do that, for all the reasons I said.

It just strikes me as being a little odd, waiting in a slow moving long queue for something readily available where you've got to go, anyway.

But even saying that I do agree with your post.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
I would not drink in Dicks Bar or the concourses. I much prefer to drink elsewhere such as The Swan, The John Harvey Tavern, where you can get served easily, you have more choice and you can sit down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really don't see the point of joining the queue outside with an hour or so before kickoff, you'll be lucky to get in, and its just a waste of valuable drinking time.

I always go to Dick's if I'm at the ground early enough though. I minced up to the Amex shortly after 5.30 yesterday, walked straight in, got a table and enjoyed a few pre-match Kronies with a couple of mates. OK its not as good as a "proper" bar and is a bit canteen-y (for want of a better word), but I don't sit their staring at the decor, I'm just there for a drink and a chat with my CHUMS before the game, and for that it ticks my boxes. There's also a good chance you will bump into [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] which is always an absolute PLEASURE of course.

Incidentally, I had a brief chat with TalkSPORT's Adrian Durham last night in Dicks while I was waiting to be served, he was propping up the bar with what I assumed to be his woman. Nice enough chap, he was worried about what we would do to his beloved Posh being as one of their centrebacks was out apparently, and was hoping they'd scrape a point (which is pretty much how his team played). I wished him the worst of luck with that.

I also saw what I believed to be the lovely Robyn Schonhofer on the train home. She was standing there tweeting all over the shop, so I rather creepily tweeted her to ask if she was wearing a red scarf, with a #stalker.

"shhh yes ! ha ha ha" came the tweeted reply, as she hopped gaily off at Hove.

Quite a night. Quite. a. night.

I'm rambling now. Do carry on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There's also a good chance you will bump into [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] which is always an absolute PLEASURE of course.

Speaking of which he should get you on the roar :thumbsup:

Well Alan [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Incidentally, I had a brief chat with TalkSPORT's Adrian Durham last night in Dicks while I was waiting to be served, he was propping up the bar with what I assumed to be his woman. Nice enough chap, he was worried about what we would do to his beloved Posh being as one of their centrebacks was out apparently, and was hoping they'd scrape a point (which is pretty much how his team played). I wished him the worst of luck with that.

Was he the one with the orange hair and wildly crimson face - perhaps one too many poppers?

-People that leave early
-People that arrive late
-People sitting
-People standing

seem very concerned about what concerns others???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was he the one with the orange hair and wildly crimson face - perhaps one too many poppers?

Adrian-Durham-006.jpg

Thats the one.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Why dont they open Brasserie pre match? Not sure if they do pre match dinner but----they would get three hundred blokes gagging for a beer. I may be talking bollocks but in my simple opinion the club would make more money if they did 'THIS' As an aside what a pleasure after all this time to have a single keg outlet of 'Harveys' in the Brasserie last night. Its only taken a season and some to do this. Will It Last???? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here