Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why oh Why ???

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
hey French Mistress, when you sent that PM to my mailbox slagging me off, did you do it to the others on here that disagreed with you...by the way, still think you're talking rubbish :)

No , only the two who resorted to the 'f' word, showing a complete lack of intelligence and argument. Don't think I got 'slagged off' as you so delicately put it. Suggest you crawl back under your stone in Mile Oak and consider your next positive message.:whisky:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Pre-season results mean nothing.
Last season Bristol City lost to Exeter and were thrashed by Torquay (let in 4 or 5 I believe).
They ended up 1 game away from the premier league so I really don't think we should be worrying about losing by the odd goal to Charlton!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No , only the two who resorted to the 'f' word, showing a complete lack of intelligence and argument. Don't think I got 'slagged off' as you so delicately put it. Suggest you crawl back under your stone in Mile Oak and consider your next positive message.:whisky:

Look at your original post and tell me that you deserve any intelligent comment or argument.

If you make stupid and irrational comments like you did, then you've got to expect to get irrational comments back.

Now stop being a fool and go back to playschool :salute:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
So, we managed to lose at home to a Championship side without scoring....meanwhile Crewe are sticking 4 in the back of Hull's net without reply ..
now I know "it's only a friendly", but is it not noticeable that in every department bar goalkeeper and strikers, subs were used ?? :shrug::shrug:

It's true: we're doomed Capt Mainwaring, doomed. Just as Sussex will go down under the dominant force of the true champions, so will we suffer the same fate in the face of the competition of the mighty Leeds, Leicester erm Crewe, Yeovil and err Cheltenham. Sack the board, sack the manager now, before it's too late :ascarf:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I learnt long ago to pay no attention to the results or performance of any pre-season games.

They are little more than a training session

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tigers Beaten At Crewe
Posted on: Sat 26 Jul 2008

A cross into the back post wasn't dealt with well by Bernard Mendy and when the loose ball fell to Calvin Zola he could hardly miss.

Ashbee's long ball picked out Nick Barmby down the right channel and when he was bundled over by Julien Baudet, the referee pointed to the penalty spot. Mendy stepped up to take it but saw his effort saved low down by Crewe keeper Steve Collis.

But the respite was only brief as in 40th minute, the home side did extend their lead. Bopp was upended by Mendy in the box and from the resulting penalty kick Maynard smashed the ball past Myhill giving him no chance.

Mendy got the wrong side of Maynard inside the City area and hauled him back giving the referee no option but to point to the spot again. This time was it was Zola who stepped up and he sent Myhill the wrong way to complete his hat-trick.

HALFTIME: Crewe 4 Hull City 0

Looks a good signing, that Bernard Mendy, doesn't he :jester:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For fucks sake it's a friendly. It has f*** all to do with our season. It just goes to show how retarded some NSC posters are (not just the starter of this thread) when they are now moaning about pre-season friendlies and giving out player ratings.
Agreed. In fact I wouldn't even have called that game against Charlton a 'friendly' it was just a glorified training exercise. At no point were our strongest 11 on the pitch at the same time.

It's a good job The French Mistress doesn't support Blackburn Rovers. They've just lost 3-1 to non-league Bradford Park Avenue (managed by our very own Dave 'Silky' Cameron). Not even worth Blackburn fulfilling their fixtures is it? They might as well accept relegation now. Avenue aren't even in the Confernece North, although they're bound to get promotion now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here