Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why oh why do they do these things

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Two of the greatest writers who ever lived, William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes– of Don Quixote fame–, both died on April 23, 1616.

There are supposedly no words in English that rhyme with “month”, “orange”, “silver”, and “purple”. If you can think of any please let me know.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
silver & quiver

well its near enough!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you have a lisp, then "(unts" would near enough rhyme with "month".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Two of the greatest writers who ever lived, William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes– of Don Quixote fame–, both died on April 23, 1616.

There are supposedly no words in English that rhyme with “month”, “orange”, “silver”, and “purple”. If you can think of any please let me know.

Silver - Chilver, a ewe-lamb

Purple - Curple, a corruption of crupper, the hind rump of a horse.

I thank you.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

I love you. The only person i have ever read to mention Miguel de Cervantes. :bowdown:

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Silver - Chilver, a ewe-lamb

Purple - Curple, a corruption of crupper, the hind rump of a horse.

I thank you.

I will not, do you hear, WILL NOT accept Old English and nor will I accept bastardised corruptions of the Queen`s English describing rumpy things.

Martin Chilvers I will accept though.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Dan Turple would look better in purple.

turple.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here