Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why not a big name manager ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Conte, Klopp, Tuchel etc all in their 50,s or abouts multi millionaires vastly experienced and winners so as daft as it seems and remember this is football would any of the above rule out Brighton ? They know the club is a well run stable business with a strong positive reputation and they just think why not. Just remember Bamber got Big Mouth and his Mate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd actually love Klopp but he's already said he won't manage in the PL again

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suppose if you've got used to living in a £4million mansion with swimming pool and tennis court you won't want your next move to be a 3-bed semi.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Conte is off to Napoli
Klopp isn't going to go anywhere near another premier league team, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Liverpool in a couple of seasons if things start to fall apart.
Tuchel has a whole list of clubs who will be after him well ahead of us and if he did come to us he would be looking for a way out at the first opportunity.

Any other suggestions?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Conte is off to Napoli
Klopp isn't going to go anywhere near another premier league team, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Liverpool in a couple of seasons if things start to fall apart.
Tuchel has a whole list of clubs who will be after him well ahead of us and if he did come to us he would be looking for a way out at the first opportunity.

Any other suggestions?
Mourinho? Tuchel? Ten Hag? Poch?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
An established, successful manager will not come to a team that finished 11th in the league last season and has only ever qualified for European football once in their history. Despite our brilliant ownership, we are a still a destination for the managers that need to prove themselves.
I think that underestimates the pull of the Premier League. Everton got Ancelotti, Wolves got Lopetegui.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Just remember Bamber got Big Mouth and his Mate.
That went well. Okay, Taylor stayed and did well, but the biggest mouth name of the two left as soon as a 'better' offer came in.

Different times for us now, of course. But I can't see Bloom breaking the club's business model (refusal to do so was the probable reason for RDZ leaving) to bring in a manager/head coach who may not do any better than a lesser-known option and will still leave for perceived greener grass sooner rather than later.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes all get me moist.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Conte, Klopp, Tuchel etc all in their 50,s or abouts multi millionaires vastly experienced and winners so as daft as it seems and remember this is football would any of the above rule out Brighton ? They know the club is a well run stable business with a strong positive reputation and they just think why not. Just remember Bamber got Big Mouth and his Mate.
Yeh, that went well. Not..................

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The collective hivemind on this website gets dumber every day.
Have you not read Leeky's back catalogue?

The fact you understood any of what he was on about is a GIANT leap forward.

*pats Leeky on the head and gives him a star for not chewing a crayon*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here