Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why no palace p1ss take thread ?

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Important to remember that Palace tend to be better against the good teams than the ones they expect to beat. At least that's how it is in my mind. They've done City over a couple of times. Liverpool don't look great currently, and Chelsea are useless, with a manager who has never beaten Palace in several attempts.

Also agree with @Bozza re the sheer ingratitude of their fans. Prior to this current streak, they'd won a small cluster of games and despite being largely ugly and boring all season, weren't far behind us at all (somehow). Yet they lose a few and suddenly it's all "We expect better than this". Better than what? Most of their existence, like ours, has been spent in lower divisions than this. They float pointlessly around the PL for nine or ten seasons and suddenly they expect to be challenging for titles?

I wonder if a lot of this is down to us. Above them in the table, on a fairly regular basis these days, playing football that has people talking, and with a young, vibrant squad that other clubs are eying with considerable envy. That was them until recently. I thought they were supposed to have that sort of squad, with Eze, Olise and others, but they don't seem to have kicked on. Is that down to Vieira's tactics, man management perhaps? Hope so anyway. Then again I don't want them to sack him because firstly he's doing a pleasingly mediocre job right now, and secondly because I still have that nagging thought in my mind of what happens when Chelsea fire Potter and Palace decide that's the optimum moment to get rid of Vieira...
True but…this season they haven’t beaten any team above them in the table. All those 10 are above them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have just seen an article by a so called journalist saying that Palace should loan out Zaha this January with an agreement to buy in the summer(Ben Jacobs)

Am I missing something?
He’s out of contract in the summer, can Palace demand a loan with an obligation to buy? Surely, he just waits and goes on a free in June.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have just seen an article by a so called journalist saying that Palace should loan out Zaha this January with an agreement to buy in the summer(Ben Jacobs)

Am I missing something?
He’s out of contract in the summer, can Palace demand a loan with an obligation to buy? Surely, he just waits and goes on a free in June.
I think he can talk to anyone he wants from now and make arrangements for where he'll be playing next season (it will be Palace)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

So sign a new deal then…

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I thought that I heard on the radio that they have scored 17 goals all season.

Surely that is good enough to take the piss at the moment?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think they might go down this time, they look unfit and clueless tactically. If I was Parish I’d get Dyche in ASAP.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dyche was at the Forest/Leicester game yesterday. Not sure if he's angling to replace one of them, or just wanting to be seen around football to remind those thinking of chucking their manager that he is around.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They had one job and ballsed that up, jokers (and yes, they will beat us)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Dyche was at the Forest/Leicester game yesterday. Not sure if he's angling to replace one of them, or just wanting to be seen around football to remind those thinking of chucking their manager that he is around.
I think he lives somewhere very near Nottingham - I know he's spotted out and about in the city from time to time. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes to a few games but just got used in the TV edits yesterday where he may not always be.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not the greatest start for them as they embark on a series of fixtures that will see them exclusively play current top 11 sides until April. This is an amazing chance for teams like Forest, Leeds and Wolves to overtake them as the Palace finally have to play the Premier League’s in form teams having avoided them for so long. Could they get slip into the bottom 3?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been a very Happy New Year so far 😀

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Before it gets too late, happy new year one and all.
Happy new year indeed - it’s been good hasn’t it one and all…?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here