Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is there feck all news coming out of the club regarding Spurs tickets.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
:rolleyes:
Have to say I agree with these last posts. We all know the size of the club shop, the number of staff employed etc. Not only have they had to deal with all the spurs apps, they have also had to deal with other applications and try and ensure our xmas club shop orders have been sent out.

The delays are frustrating but they are doing the best they can.

So well done the club shop!:clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do not most firms take on additional part time staff at Christmas to maximise the sales of their products of which tickets is one such item.

Can somebody please explain how we hope to convince a goverment minister that we can plan finance and build a stadium when we can't even organise a club shop or ticket office to achieve its maximum potential.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll lie, same as always.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
Do not most firms take on additional part time staff at Christmas to maximise the sales of their products of which tickets is one such item.

Can somebody please explain how we hope to convince a goverment minister that we can plan finance and build a stadium when we can't even organise a club shop or ticket office to achieve its maximum potential.

We're demonstrating that the club can work within its means. Theres no need to waste money on more staff. They can handle the load if they're just given a bit of time and people stop hassling them with phone calls every 5 minutes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many students from Uni are there in Brighton that would have loved a week or twos work not exactly going to break the bank is it?

Part Time £100 each week = £200 how many tickets or shirts is that? assuming the profit on a shirt is only £10 = 20 shirts or 10 seats at Withdean to earn who knows what. Are we that skint?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
How many students from Uni are there in Brighton that would have loved a week or twos work not exactly going to break the bank is it?

Part Time £100 each week = £200 how many tickets or shirts is that? assuming the profit on a shirt is only £10 = 20 shirts or 10 seats at Withdean to earn who knows what. Are we that skint?

Judging by all that has happened yes were skint big time.

Selling two players, A & K appeal etc

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
Are we that skint?
Errr yes. Where have you been for the last 7 years?
At the end of the day it doesn't make good business sense to waste ANY money however little. They have enough cover in the shop and the ticket office can handle the applications if people just let them get on with it. The Spurs match isn't for another two and a half weeks so they've got plenty of time it's just that people are getting too uptight and wasting their time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why not have asked for a volunteer to answer the phones so that the ticket office staff could get on with their job. I am sure that there are many retired or like me semi retired people who would willingly have given their services FREE to help the club.

I would.

Cost to the club nothing I would even buy the coffee!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
Why not have asked for a volunteer to answer the phones so that the ticket office staff could get on with their job. I am sure that there are many retired or like me semi retired people who would willingly have given their services FREE to help the club.

I would.

Cost to the club nothing I would even buy the coffee!!

You would be as welcome as fart in a space suit

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:

So why didn't you phone them up and offer your services for FREE?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that there are a large number of people who already scratch the backs of DK and MP so to be able to offer their services free of charge and assist the club would be like a Christmas bonus.

Why should they not want me to answer the phones they have nothing to hide.

I remember phoning The Goldstone on one occassion during the afternoon and John Crumplin answered the phone. He said he was standing in whilst the lady went to make the tea.

Last edited:

I'd just like to say THANK YOU to the staff in the ticket office - in my experience they are as helpful as they can be, working with the pressures that WE put them under.

It's not their fault that the Club can't sell tickets for home matches on the gate. It's not their fault that we drew Spurs in the Cup. It's not their fault that the Royal Mail lets customers down. And it's not their fault that the person who phoned them up two minutes ago was a complete arsehole who treated them like shit.

And how the hell have they managed to fit THEIR Christmas preparations into the last week?

Happy Christmas to all of them!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:clap: Well said your Lordship. :clap:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's all a bit grown up isn't it Ed?!?!

I agree though, they work hard, and generally they are helpfull, sorted my Wooluffs tickets yesterday. As for S68s Spurs tickets, I hope you get em Pat.

All the best and Merry Christmas

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please do not get me wrong I am not knocking the Ticket Office Staff as they are doing their best under extremely difficult circumstances what I think is that they should have been given some assistance, from wherever part time staff or volunteers, at this busy time of the year.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Rangdo said:
Errr yes. Where have you been for the last 7 years?
At the end of the day it doesn't make good business sense to waste ANY money however little. They have enough cover in the shop and the ticket office can handle the applications if people just let them get on with it. The Spurs match isn't for another two and a half weeks so they've got plenty of time it's just that people are getting too uptight and wasting their time.
You mean about 25 years skint:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here