Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is there feck all news coming out of the club regarding Spurs tickets.

I'm sorry to bang on about this but I am really pissed off about the lack of communication coming out of the club regarding the Spurs tickets - in other words a hige deafening SILENCE- the web site (for examlpe0 is still giving the impression that tickets are available.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah , thats wrong , its just giving more people false hope

sort it ouuut

Albion Rob

This is just cobbled together from things on here and other speculation but it looks as if the game was over subscribed (surprise, surprise) and I would imagine they are waiting until after Xmas to let people know they haven't got them because I s'pose at least it won't ruin people's Christmas, although would put a dampner on New Year I'd imagine.

*crossesfingersandpraysfortix*

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The website is still listing Cullip as lining up against Gillingham!

but the fact that they haven't turned up yet IS ruining my Christmas..........

and everyday I have to wait for a phone call from home(cost the posties can't be arsed to get out of bed and deliver the post in the mornng) to make me even more depressed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mine havent turned up either although the money has gone out. I applied for a Wolves ticket a good few days after and received that yesterday.

Albion Rob

Storer68 said:
but the fact that they haven't turned up yet IS ruining my Christmas..........

and everyday I have to wait for a phone call from home(cost the posties can't be arsed to get out of bed and deliver the post in the mornng) to make me even more depressed.

That may be so but if you got your application in on time then you should be getting one. And imagine what a present THAT would be to get your Spurs tix tomorrow! :clap2: :clap2:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Storer68 said:
I'm sorry to bang on about this but I am really pissed off about the lack of communication coming out of the club regarding the Spurs tickets - in other words a hige deafening SILENCE- the web site (for examlpe0 is still giving the impression that tickets are available.

It's quite simple. The club said to leave them to process the applications and not to bother them as this would slow them down. Lots of people have phoned them thus slowing them down. Therefore they are still processing applications. It's not silence. You know what the situation is. Wait. They're doing their best. If they haven't said anything it's because they've got nothing new to say.

Albion Rob said:
That may be so but if you got your application in on time then you should be getting one. And imagine what a present THAT would be to get your Spurs tix tomorrow! :clap2: :clap2:

Exactly i "should" be getting one. (but I haven't)

Application went in as soon as they were announced (so where's "your'e late" argument now)

except that they can process the wolves and qpr applications which were posted at the same time (so presumably the Spurs ones turned up at the same time as they posted altogether and at the same time) and get them to me within four days.......

And to say that people phoning up is delaying the processs is crap. If that's the case then why didn't they take the phone off the hook.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Storer68 said:

And to say that people phoning up is delaying the processs is crap. If that's the case then why didn't they take the phone off the hook.

Er, because its a ticket office. If they took the phone off the hook you wouldn't be able to phone up for any other tickets. That wouldn't be a good move would it?
Firstly, it isn't crap. If you've got a limited number of staff to process tickets and 100 people phone up per day to enquire then thats a hell of a lot of time that they can't spend processing applications. Not rocket science.
Secondly, the reason they processed the other applications first is because those games are much sooner and therefore you need the tickets straight away. Again, not rocket science.

butvwhen you ring up all they tell you is not to waste their time by ruinging them up, when they could answer your question just as quickly if they had a computer system that was a bit more advanced than a Dymo labelwriter.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Storer68 said:
butvwhen you ring up all they tell you is not to waste their time by ruinging them up, when they could answer your question just as quickly if they had a computer system that was a bit more advanced than a Dymo labelwriter.
It's nothing to do with a computer system. Its for speed. If they just say no then it discourages people ringing up. If they tell one person then they'll tell others and suddenly everyones ringing up to find out whats happening slowing them down even more.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
It's a no win situation. I do think generally though that the communcation from the club is crap, the website is slow at best and that the systems used out-dated.

However, in the club's defence (no not the one on the pitch) if we had the stadium then all the admin and the TO would all be in one place and they be able to afford better systems.

Still I don't care cos I got my tickets :lolol:

All I am asking for is something like this. Jeez we can do this even in my job

Operator - Hallo brighton & Hove Ticket office, how may I help you
Me - Hallo, I am XYZ and my account number is 1234546. I am enquiring as to whether you have processed my Spurs ticket application.
Operator - Let me see- account 123456 - Tottenham. No not yet. We received it on the 8th but its still waiting to be processed.
Me Any idea when and if I might get to know
Op - No
Me - Thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Storer68 said:
All I am asking for is something like this. Jeez we can do this even in my job

Operator - Hallo brighton & Hove Ticket office, how may I help you
Me - Hallo, I am XYZ and my account number is 1234546. I am enquiring as to whether you have processed my Spurs ticket application.
Operator - Let me see- account 123456 - Tottenham. No not yet. We received it on the 8th but its still waiting to be processed.
Me Any idea when and if I might get to know
Op - No
Me - Thanks

You forgot 'it is Christmas and the post is all over the place we are doing our best to sort it out before we close tomorrow'.

corrallt

Feb 14, 2004
Kent
Ok I now know I haven't got my tickets for Spurs. C'est la vie. I can watch every game for the rest of the season. I've only been watching the albion for the last 40 years. I just hope that all those who are going aren't the pillocks who just sing about Chavs, washing machines in gardens, and hating Palace and actually sing songs that'll encourage the team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm not bitter!:jester:

corrallt said:
I just hope that all those who are going aren't the pillocks who just sing about Chavs, washing machines in gardens, and hating Palace and actually sing songs that'll encourage the team.

No chance of that. And best of all, you'll be able to READ all about these 'hilarious' songs on these pages during the days following the match.

On the subject of the ticket office, I just wish people would give them a break. It's four people, working their ARSES off to get things sorted and yet all people do is whinge like BITCHES because they're not calling every single fan individually to give them an up-to-the-minute progress report on their application. Don't forget they also have the task of sorting out the small matter of the four league games before Spurs.

Look, they have had several THOUSAND applications for the Tottenham game. There is NO WAY they are going to be able to tell you whether or not they have received yours. The only thing they can do is check whether or not a certain AMS number has been allocated a ticket, but then if you check your bank statement etc you can work this out for yourself. Not rocket science.

I popped in there yesterday and the staff were visibly stressed. No doubt by hundreds of idiots calling up and asking stupid questions. I know for a fact that the ticket office manager is doing 10/11-hour days just to keep up. He's shattered.

Sit back, enjoy your Christmas, and let nature take it's course so to speak. If you get a ticket, marvelous. If not, too bad.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Safeway talks sense! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here