Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is the club being so badly run?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Who is responsible for all these f*** ups?

The problem with the pies is just symptomatic of bigger problems.

Firstly selling 18,000 season tickets and not having a decent resale system in place looks like incompetance and money down the drain. FFS I could design and set one up within a week.

Then there is no clear message from the club about players, ie, hands of we are not a selling club. If Palace can put out a statement they value Haha at £10, why does it leave idiot Albion supporters speculating about the value of our player for f***ing Peanuts on a football forum.

Palace did the right thing, a challenge to have their bluff called about the financial setup at Palace.

It wouldn't hurt to slap £5million on Noone and £10million on Bridcutt. Rather that and risk laughter than having players unsettled when they here about speculative bids for peanuts.

Time the club got its shit together imo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Where to start?...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Dumb-Dumber.jpg

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Hey, I was feeling generous guys and Looney needed a break.

Plus it's only 3 days away from going to the Cathedral again and I'm feeling good.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And this weeks award to 'Withdean Wanderer of the Week' goes to ......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, if Bridcutt goes for a shit amount, then Looney will have a point. And what makes Cardiff - a similar sized club to ours - think proposing a tin pot bid for Noone was even worth entertaining?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
How do you know what we have or haven't "slapped" on Noone or Bridcutt? Clubs don't usually conduct business in papers or on Sky. Agents do that.

D

Deleted member 18477

Who is responsible for all these f*** ups?

The problem with the pies is just symptomatic of bigger problems.

Firstly selling 18,000 season tickets and not having a decent resale system in place looks like incompetance and money down the drain. FFS I could design and set one up within a week.

Then there is no clear message from the club about players, ie, hands of we are not a selling club. If Palace can put out a statement they value Haha at £10, why does it leave idiot Albion supporters speculating about the value of our player for f***ing Peanuts on a football forum.

Palace did the right thing, a challenge to have their bluff called about the financial setup at Palace.

It wouldn't hurt to slap £5million on Noone and £10million on Bridcutt. Rather that and risk laughter than having players unsettled when they here about speculative bids for peanuts.

Time the club got its shit together imo.

all good points to be honest. in 3 years time you'd have very valid points!

however seeing as we are just becoming a proper club again i will continue to give the club sympathy for the time being. they've done good as far as im concerned over the last year and a half to transform us. in the future these are ideal points to bring up.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, if Bridcutt goes for a shit amount, then Looney will have a point. And what makes Cardiff - a similar sized club to ours - think proposing a tin pot bid for Noone was even worth entertaining?

Yup and what kind of impact does it have on players.

How do you know what we have or haven't "slapped" on Noone or Bridcutt? Clubs don't usually conduct business in papers or on Sky. Agents do that.

The Point is to an exstent its PR, to much acting up on the pitch and not enough of it. And clubs do use the media, look at the mind games Alex Fergason plays in the press for example.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
all good points to be honest. in 3 years time you'd have very valid points!

however seeing as we are just becoming a proper club again i will continue to give the club sympathy for the time being. they've done good as far as im concerned over the last year and a half to transform us. in the future these are ideal points to bring up.

Pies aside I think the other 2 points are good enough to bring up now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Regarding the 'oh so simple to set up' ticket exchange, is this something that is prevelant at other clubs, in particular other clubs at our sort of level? Not talking about top ten Prem sides, but teams like Derby, Palace, Reading etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here