Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why is our weather so crap what happened to summer

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Think the weather's been perfik....nice n cool, a few sunny and warm days, i can sleep at night without it being 20 degrees plus, and we've just had a lovely weekend with temps around 24 C. Can't wait for autumn now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why is rain crap? We need it.

Well said Sir !

My pet hate is the subjective terms used by weather forecasters such as... nice, lovely, good, poor, "not very promising I'm afraid" etc etc. Just give us the facts!, not opinions from an office bod without a garden who thinks life is only worth living when the sun bloody shines ! :rant:

...and relax

I love the rain me, it's nice :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
global warming my arse. bring back the 90's with hot summers and hose pipe bans.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Why not I had a nice stroll along the prom there yesterday to Goring Green very pleasant, as a matter of fact it was lovely.
The prom and the beach are still lovely, I agree that it's a shame that the town its self is so run down. I worked at Broadway Music in the 70's and Worthing was a fine town then. It is now a shadow of it's former glory.

Town centre doe's looks a bit rundown now but so do a lot of other towns centres these days, the rest of Worthing is OK, my oldman owns a few properties there in Offington and Charmandean very nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
About 3 weeks ago the forecasters were predicting a heat wave what has happened to it. Hope the weather is good mid September as I am taking the trailer tent to the New Forest.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The prom and the beach are still lovely, I agree that it's a shame that the town its self is so run down. I worked at Broadway Music in the 70's and Worthing was a fine town then. It is now a shadow of it's former glory.

I remember Broadway Music - great little record shop sorely missed when it closed down.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I remember Broadway Music - great little record shop sorely missed when it closed down.
It was a musical instrument shop, took over from Heathershaws that used to be at Teville Gate but closed down - I worked there for a while too.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It was a musical instrument shop, took over from Heathershaws that used to be at Teville Gate but closed down - I worked there for a while too.

You're right - I was getting it confused with the record shop in West Buildings. I remember Heathershaws well though - my parents bought a violin for me there in about 1970. I've never forgiven them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here