Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why is our weather so crap what happened to summer

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
why is our weather so crap at the moment what happened to summer

Warm, sunny and dry spring months are usually followed by wet / mediocre summers. Forecasters are predicting cool / damp June and July, possibly a bit better in August.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
because its the UK and thats what happens to our weather.

or a slightly broader answer, we are an island on the edge of a continent, surrounded by water, with a ocean based and an atmosphere based stream of warming that interface with each other, and continental air flows, in a difficult to predict manner.

and its nearly Wimbledon.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Springs the new Summer.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Selfish as it may sound, i'm loving it. No real incentive to get out and do anything, so i've been able to focus on revision. In fact, i've probably forced myself into doing far, far too much looking back over it.

Ah well, the nice weather can start a week tomorrow please.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not if there is something you have planned to do but it might not happen because of rain..

I know what you are saying, but in the grander scheme of things...

Crop production is down badly due to such a dry spring = increased cost of food (on top of the already high prices).

I went to Middx vs Essex last week. Didn't pay much attention to the cricket itself. You'll still have fun even without much/any play.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I know what you are saying, but in the grander scheme of things...

Crop production is down badly due to such a dry spring = increased cost of food (on top of the already high prices).

I went to Middx vs Essex last week. Didn't pay much attention to the cricket itself. You'll still have fun even without much/any play.

I understand what you are saying but its just a waste of money if we get there and there is no play at all, it would piss me off a bit even though we would find something to do :lol:

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
This thread started in June, it's August and it's still crap.
Any weather experts out there with the gen? I've got a feeling we r in for a swift onset of winter, it already feels autumnal.
Heavy snow and bleeding freezing this winter I'd wager. U heard it here firstish.
Brrrrrr

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Great early part of summer April ish, absolute gash middle and late. Warmish but toilet weather. Annoying. Last hope is the indian summer in Sept

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
This thread started in June, it's August and it's still crap.
Any weather experts out there with the gen? I've got a feeling we r in for a swift onset of winter, it already feels autumnal.
Heavy snow and bleeding freezing this winter I'd wager. U heard it here firstish.
Brrrrrr

It was lovely in Worthing yesterday, was in the sea for 45 minutes and could have stayed in all day, the water temperature was very nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here