Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why is no one moaning about the ref?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Can I start?

Blokes didn't give us anything for about 30 minutes in the 2nd half. there were a couple of occasions where IDENTICAL fouls were waved on, NC on BHA, then penalised within a second for exactly the same thing.

What a luminous puce-coloured tosser

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Probably because compared to the recent refs we've had he looks like Collina!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You didn't go to Orient did you?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not much point the referees in this league leave a hell of a lot to be desired. Should have book their centre back early on rather than just giving him a talking to

sparky

Jan 17, 2009
Can I start?

Blokes didn't give us anything for about 30 minutes in the 2nd half. there were a couple of occasions where IDENTICAL fouls were waved on, NC on BHA, then penalised within a second for exactly the same thing.

What a luminous puce-coloured tosser

because its too easy to blame ref & its getting boring now

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
You didn't go to Orient did you?

I moaned about that twat too, just not on here.

Seriously though, we dont play the ref as well as other teams. Grant holt and their bench were right in the refs face the whole time after we scored . Why dont we do that occasionally?

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
NOt moaning about the ref, because he was as bad for them as us!! Anyhow blaming the ref week after week is just trying to mask over the huge craks within our club. Stop blaming others for our misfortunes!!!!!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was generally awful and is further evidence that the standard of refs in the FL is dropping like a ton weight. He didnt, however, make any decisons that seriously affected the result of the game other than perhaps allow Docherty too many fouls without a yellow and also possibly giving a yellow for Holt for his blatant attempt at getting a penalty against Elphick in the 2nd half.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I never said he was at fault for us losing, the point is, we seem to be up against it with the refs week in week out. There are players (and managers) who know how to play refs to their teams advantage - we dont have that right now

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Grant Holt was the referee wasn't he...?

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
The Ref had a good game today. a few decisions went our way a few theirs. dont see what all the fuss is about, if we didnt lose would you still moan about the ref? i highly doubt it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The ref was ok in the first half terrible in the second, but sadly we were the authors of our own destruction today. The twat at orient on the other hand......

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Orient last week and possibly Stockport at home are the only games this season that we can blame the ref for the result. Funnily enough it was the same ref for those two games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought the ref was mostly god, tried to keep his cards in his pocket, tried to let the game flow. There was a brief spell in the second half where it seemed like he would give anything the norwich players called for, but in fairness, they looked like fouls to me anyway, he just didn't look like he was going to give them until the norwich arms went up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1) most of the refs are pretty poor 2) it's boring and does not achieve anything 3) by and large it's the players who are losing us games. It is not refereeing decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here