Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is it so impossible to watch the whole match?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
People leaving at 35 mins in the first half presumably for toilets/food?

So many not returning until 50 mins??

I vaguely understand why some might leave with a couple of mins to go. At least there is some logic to that if you need to be home for a certain time.

But why go to a football match and keep missing so much of it just to have a piss or a drink?!

It's their own loss
It hurts me if I miss a couple of minutes of a match

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Good point. Missed CMS's goal against Leeds as I was still finishing my pint and chatting to mate blissfully unaware that the second half had kicked off.

Half time is always 15 minutes mate.

Not too tricky to work out when the second half will start from when the first half ends. ;-)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
If you need to go to the loo then you go to the loo.
Does it seriously affect your enjoyment of the match that much? Someone taking 2 seconds to walk past you??

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Because people no longer go to football, or any other entertainment form, for the form itself, but to be present at an event. Check out the number of people at concerts who chat or are on their mobiles or whatever, even during the headline act. Reduced attention spans, general infantilisation of society, etc, etc. Football for football fans...............

Ain't that the truth.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I have something to eat and drink before I leave home or whilst at the pub beforehand! I go to Falmer to watch football, not eat pies etc. That and drinking beer is for after ;-) simples!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I waited until half time to go for a piss, big queues, and still made it back in plenty of time for the second half. It's more the 'I need a piss and a pint and then I'll only have a minute so I'll neck the pint and then I need another piss' brigade. That said I did leave before the final whistle for the first time in my life yesterday as I literally had to get away ASAP. The difference was pretty negligible, still a bit queue for the train, still filtered on ever so slowly, so don't understand why people do it tbh.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If I want beer or a piss I'll go before or after. Never understood why so many try and go in half time. Fair enough if desperate or can do it easy in 5 mins but we know what the queues are like at the moment so why bother? Go to football to watch the game not to buy a beer every 45 mins. Have 2 before and 3 after instead!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
If I want beer or a piss I'll go before or after. Never understood why so many try and go in half time. Fair enough if desperate or can do it easy in 5 mins but we know what the queues are like at the moment so why bother? Go to football to watch the game not to buy a beer every 45 mins. Have 2 before and 3 after instead!

Absolutely - top post!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
People leaving at 35 mins in the first half presumably for toilets/food?

So many not returning until 50 mins??

I vaguely understand why some might leave with a couple of mins to go. At least there is some logic to that if you need to be home for a certain time.

But why go to a football match and keep missing so much of it just to have a piss or a drink?!

Are you the man sitting behind me in the north stand screaming about not leaving early all the time? :lolol:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Thankfully there is a Harvey's vendor opposite the entrance I use for the concourse so generally I can get a half time pint without missing a minute.

If my bladder is making demands after 40 minutes, all bets are off.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i never go to the lav at the football. don't like getting up and making others lean to see over me. that being said, theres a few people near me who have a seperate gate near them but use our one, defying all sorts of logic. It makes us all have to get up at least 10 times a half.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Part of the AMEX experience for us is a pint at half time. In order to actually get it before the second half starts, 1 of our group goes to the bar before the 1st half ends. We always leave during a break in play. Sorry if this offends.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I do wonder about some of the posters on here. Who are any of us to tell someone else how to enjoy the match? When to go for a piss? What time you can leave the ground? Get over yourselves FFS

Oh and been going since the 70's, never leave early, don't buy a drink/pie at HT and rarely have a piss either...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most people in that half-time queue for food will never reach the front of the queue. And if they do, they'll be told the food has run out.

Own Goals Galore

Sep 28, 2011
If you want a beer at half time you have to get to the concourse and start queing before half time. No option... or you wait till half time and then miss at least 5 mins of 2nd half. Would be useful it enough pints pre poured and staff speaking english. The bloke in front of me in the queue had to order a kids meal deal 5 times before he was understood.... No he only had one child :p

So each to their own and I like a pint at half time and I don;t mind getting up for someone to walk past. Its not hard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here