Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is it all going right all of a sudden?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure about that UB, but Whing is due a 2 match ban any day soon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think our new transfer policy is starting to bear fruit. No longer are we looking on youth teamers and non-league players to fill the gaps in an overstretched squad. Forster, Whing, Westlake, Richards, Thomson and Murray are in a different class to our previous transfer targets.
Also worth noting that we only spent a net 50k on transfer fees. Revell and Hammond went for a combined 500k, but we've replaced them with Thomson (a solid replacement for Hammond at fraction of the price) along with Murray (who looks MILES better than Revell) and we've even got some proper cover for our front two in Dixon (& Robinson).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
personally I think it is to do with Murray and the midfield.

Although he has missed a hatful, we suddenly have someone with a touch of class and we are not relying on Forster who was getting frustrated at the camels around him.

With westlake and Thomson, we have got midfielders who actually like coming forward and attacking ( something wehave not had for a while) and if you play El Abd in midfield,m he can be the "bertin" type player in front of the back four, so releasing Thomson and westlake.

If these players we have acquired have come from barry LLoyd's scouting then i for one think that is a master Stroke by Dick Knight ( or probably more accurately the Blooms)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the two main reasons are a settled side and a strengthened midfield.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If these players we have acquired have come from barry LLoyd's scouting then i for one think that is a master Stroke by Dick Knight ( or probably more accurately the Blooms)
Agree with that. Only Chris Cattlin can hold a candle to Barry Lloyd when it comes to scouting bargain talent for this club.

And yes, I realise Micky Adams brought Zamora in for us.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

Thats a very good point. The standard of player we are getting in has improved immensley since Barry lloyd's appointment

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
400x400_DeanWilkinsNew.jpg

:jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thats a very good point. The standard of player we are getting in has improved immensley since Barry lloyd's appointment

which then beggars the very serious question:

If we are in such financial state, what exactly does Martin Hinchelwood and Dean White actually do?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
which then beggars the very serious question:

If we are in such financial state, what exactly does Martin Hinchelwood and Dean White actually do?

Hinshelwood - Director of Football [youth development]
White - First Team COACH
Lloyd - Chief SCOUT

???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hinshelwood - Director of Football [youth development]
White - First Team COACH
Lloyd - Chief SCOUT

???

But with a club our size on a budget our size, they are luxuries.

White First Team Coach? But we have Ian Chapman and the goalkeeping coach....we are not LA Galaxy who can afford a coach for every position!

I just think that one of the reasons STH's have not been given any offers is that our budget is still very tight and we have certain "luxuries"

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Agree with that. Only Chris Cattlin can hold a candle to Barry Lloyd when it comes to scouting bargain talent for this club.

And yes, I realise Micky Adams brought Zamora in for us.

I agree Simster the irony of that is that Cattlin had to let Ian Wright go as opposed to Dean Saunders. I also wonder who made the decision not to follow up on Roy Keane.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
But with a club our size on a budget our size, they are luxuries.

White First Team Coach? But we have Ian Chapman and the goalkeeping coach....we are not LA Galaxy who can afford a coach for every position!

I just think that one of the reasons STH's have not been given any offers is that our budget is still very tight and we have certain "luxuries"

Dave, you can't be serious in suggesting that we shouldn't have a first team coach, or a director of youth? Every side needs a coach as an 'voice' for the players to the manager....and MH's record of bringing through youth for this club is superb...I would guess that MH has more than 'paid' his salary....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here