Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Harty leaving SCR

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Harty is leaving of his own accord, thats his perogative , if he is being gently pushed its an utter disgrace.

If it is the latter, I suggest all Albion fans contact SCR to voice their disapproval and start a peition to keep the legend that is the Harty on the airwaves.

Harty, some times we disagree but your one of us for sure :clap: :bowdown:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Harty wants to sit with the fans again, he has been doing the fans-phone in for a long time, and hanged his boots up so to speak.

Thank you for everything you've done Harty, your a legend.

I'm not a virgin on the fans phone-in. :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
If Harty is leaving of his own accord, thats his perogative , if he is being gently pushed its an utter disgrace.

If it is the latter, I suggest all Albion fans contact SCR to voice their disapproval and start a peition to keep the legend that is the Harty on the airwaves.

Harty, some times we disagree but your one of us for sure :clap: :bowdown:

Harty going off his own acord to spend more time on running his undertakers and to spend more time with his Family.BBC wanted him to stay on

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
it wont be the same if he does go

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair play then.

Thanks for the good times Harty :clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No doubt it'll now be run by some happy clappy super fan we all have to agree with, it won't be worth listening to anymore... I hear Mike Ward could be up for the job.

Well done Harty on all your fine work. :clap:

1066gull

I saw Harty in the Sportsman vs. Southampton, although I didn't speak to him, he was right next to me and seems a nice decent bloke to talk too!

Last edited:

Harty well played, thanks for all that you've done over the years. Just one last good deed, don't let Mike Ward dump his useless arse in the hotseat.

(Adriodinho/1066, you don't half talk bollocks.)

Let's hope the presenter of the phone-in next season, whether that be Harty or someone else, will not peddle the kind of misleading stuff that featured on the show today about developing Withdean stadium as our permanent home. Those views belong to the likes of Baker, De Vecchi and Co, not us.

Still, well done to Alan from Haywards Heath from phoning in from his sickbed to correct unhelpful misinformation like that.

Could do a lot worse than have him host the show!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
vulture said:
I would love to see Norman Gall doing the show

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Great job Harty, you'll be sorely missed. You'll be a VERY tough act to follow. Your successor MUST have what you have - 100% blue and white blood.

:clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bet Lindfield gets it.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
brightonfan_86 said:

I'm not a virgin :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:ohmy:
fibber.gif

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
LI it was not misleading, it was an opinion expressed by someone and speaking to a large number of people he's not the only one with this view, unfortunately it came in perhaps the shortest show of the year against quite an emotional backdrop given the circumstances and the performance we'd all witnessed.
The debate about where the permanaent Albion stadium will be built seems destined to run and run, who knows who is wrong or who is right, ultimately it will get built, just where and who will end up paying for it is something that will be revealed in the fulness of time.
Prior to Elvis and the band striking up what I wanted to say was thanks you to everyone who has listened, called, texted and e-mailed, and whilst my numeorus cricitcs will call me a cheesy git the words of Elvis put across how I wanted to thank the listeners, without who we wouldn't have had a phone-in.

As I said yesterday Thanks for everything.............

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
LI, your comments are very ungracious. Now is not the time to be pedantic about one comment on yesterday's show.

The issue of the day is that Harty is leaving the show, a show that has always been presented with passion, good humour and genuine love for this club.

I will miss Harty and his unique presentation and hope that he remains involved with the club in some shape or form in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here