Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Alan Curbishley still out of work?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite staggering really. Being touted as a future England boss a couple of years ago. Look what has happened at Charlton since they drove him out and it's now 8 months since he left West Ham. A real quality manager, I'd have expected him to have found a job no problem.

So just which job is he waiting for?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't he want a year off? I think he's looking for a job from next season.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Playing golf with Dean Wilkins

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's a wanker

Just because he relegated you from the Premiership in the very last knockings? If for nothing else that makes him a f***ing LEGEND to me :clap2:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't he say earlier this season that he only wanted a management job in the premiership? Kinda limits his options, with only really Newcastle as an option, and no one in their right mind would have gone there. Other than them and Portsmouth I don't recall many managerial opportunities in the premiership (Tottenham seemed to have Redknapp lined up before getting rid of Ramos).

Then with the premiership you have the top teams who won't hire him because he's english and hasn't won anything, mid table teams will be reluctant because they think of him barely keeping charlton up for many years (though given how charlton fared without him, that should look like more of an achievement now), and lower clubs are often less appealing.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Charlton never sent us down. They claim it but its bollocks.

Curbishley hates Palace with a passion, probably more than you lot do. He is a wanker.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Could do wonders at Sunderland, fans don't expect too much and will be money available. Can see him back in work over the summer though

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Curbs is a decent bloke and a reasonable manager. But his style of play is awful, dull negative stuff. He'll take you to mid table and that's where you'll stay....but you'll fall asleep watching the football his sides play.

At least with zola and Clarke at the helm now, West ham are playing some wonderful stuff despite still finnishing mid table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here