Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why I love Posh Away

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Didnt gary hart also break his leg that day?

d06_04_2002-16.shtml

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
What I remember about that day is that a mate took his swanky camera to that game that had a record facility (I know they ALL do these days, but it was a while ago!)

He was recording the lead up to the goal (was it a throw in? cannot remember now)and got the goal and the great celebrations afterwards. Watching in back at his house later on in the night on his tv (this was pre-YouTube days!!) was QUALITY!!

I second everyone who has said.....I LOVE PETERBOROUGH AWAY!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
One of the great Albion away days.

I used to be very superstitious about the Albion and having seen us not lose under Peter Taylor until the two games (away at Oldham and Stoke) where I didn't wear my Barbour jacket, I decided it would need to be worn for all games. The sequence was further strengthened when I was reminded that id didn't war it for the Brentford thrashing either.

Now peterborough was a lovely spring day so I was baking hot, sitting in the main stand watching us try and overcome the Posh. Of course we did eventually thanks to the Lazarus recovery of Bobby. In fact at half time I took my albion shirt off and so was upper half naked under the coat.

I wore the coat to the next home game (Swindon - another warm day) and if you have a copy of Mike Ward's book I'm pictured wearing it.

I didn;t wear it a Port Vale and we won anyway!

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Great post, what a day it was :)

So looking forward to tomorrow and have used those great memories to drum up the boys for a reunion.. We're a bit older, greyer, fatter but still have the same passion in our bellies.... Seagulls!!

Was that the game where someone towards the back of the right side had FLARES?

Trying to remember, I've been to Posh away 2 or 3 times. Been to the Cherry Tree at least once and once ended up in z place called 'Jimmys' which had a big blackboard saying 'Brighton fans welcome'. Once inside it was a strange place full of Brighton fans and all the staff seemed to be men in vest tops...

I guess the pink sign and being called Jimmys should have given us a clue!

:)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I've got about 5 minutes of footage I filmed of the crowd and match in general on my then new digital video camera. I'm just uploading it onto Youtube and when thats done will embed it on here. Its quality stuff!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Some great memories of 'Boro away.
We travelled up on the train with 'flare man', a complete nutter, but a nice bloke. He was quite proud showing his bag of goodies in the bar of the train up.
When he set one off, the police and stewards were after him. You have to imagine a terrrace rammed. 'Flare man' was crawling around on his knees amongst the masses. I like to think he got away.
I also remember when we started fires from newspaper. I know!!!, not clever.
The FA cup(?) game in the snow...orange ball.
But yeah, 2001/2. My lads first away game.
Those who haven't been to London Rd away end, you walk into the terrace through a tunnel. Like walking through a players tunnel onto the pitch.
My boy was only 6/7. As he walked through that tunnel, the noise (the acoustics are amazing), the crowd, the heat, overcame him. He just burst into tears. I fully understood.
It really is a special away game.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Remember being in the pub and people were getting texts saying Zamora is playing, people were going mad like we had just scored!!

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Have we taken more to an away game since? Probably a silly question, but I can't remember a time when we did. Possibly the 5-0 palace game or Grimsby on the last day of the season? As some one said- we took over 4000 to borough that day. It was truly fantastic support!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Here it is then - Peterboro v Albion 6 April 2002.

I had just got a new Panasonic digital video camera and was testing it out so some of the shots were a bit shaky but watching it now and listening to the Albion fans in full voice still raises the hairs on the back of my head, if we can generate anything like this sort of atmosphere tomorrow I am going to love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgMl54UOboM

[YT]LgMl54UOboM[/YT]

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Looking at them pictures, the colchester away game, zamora was out. They had called us a one man team in the press before the game. we went on to win 4-1, and we kept singing "we just a one man team" Class!:thumbsup:

Now that, also, was class :thumbsup:

Looking at them pictures, the colchester away game, zamora was out. They had called us a one man team in the press before the game. we went on to win 4-1, and we kept singing "we just a one man team" Class!:thumbsup:
That was a great day. Breakfast in Paris, a leisurely flight to Stansted, lunch in Colchester, a 4-1 victory ... and, on the way home, The Queen Mother died.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here