Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why I am not a "Massive Fan"

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Seems on Twitter and NSC today everyone is a massive fan, so I thought I might just detail exactly why I am not a massive fan. If anyone else would care to join me and declare the failings in your devotion.

1 Couldn't be bothered to go to a game until I was 8
2 Only attended a couple of games over the next decade, but still nabbed an FAC Final replay ticket that should have gone to a massive fan.
3 Haven't bothered going to around half the current league grounds yet.
4 Couldn't be asked to go to midweek games at the Priestfield despite having a season ticket.
5 Happy to sit in the family stand with my kids, rather than joining the North Stand Massive
6 Never cried because we lost, but did get something in my eye at home to Donny this year.

Verdict less than massive

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was not at Hereford and never saw a game at Gillingham.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not a massive fan, largely thanks to WeightWatchers.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Massive fan:
dee0c26c-24f4-4ca9-a505-d165744e1f9d.Medium.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This.

Plus I walked out at 75 minutes last night. Crap fan.

Infact I don't know how I have the bare faced cheek to even enter the Amex Stadium.

I have lost all respect for the word "massive" ever since Glenn Murray declared that Crystal Palace FC was this. :D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
This thread has made me LOL...

If you have attended every game since 1901 then you are the only "massive" fan of BHA.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My first game was OGH's testimonial. I'm 18 so that puts my first albion game at 14/15.

I was an armchair supporter (if that's possible) from 7 though, and started to drift from Liverpool which my best friend in primary school got me in to. i was a late comer in to really loving football though.

But I am a massive fan because I dont' love the club any less than those who went to Hereford, Preistfield, the FA Cup and subsequent replay.

Last edited:

I did think of buying a season ticket at the Goldstone once but didn't, and I did attend some of the last games at the Goldstone (the Orient 4-4 was my last ever). Does this make me a sort of medium sized fan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here