Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have some Albion fans suddenly started referring to Palace fans as 'Nigels'?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I thought we called Gillingham fans 'pikeys' so it can't apply to Palace too.

Good point. Pikeys are Gillingham. Scum is too generic, and if Millwall call Palace Nigels then we should come up with something else.

I'd go for "Chavs" but I expect Crawley will want to reserve that one!

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Scummers is the traditional name given to SCC fans by Pompey, who in return call them Skates. That makes me grin.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Apparently some NSCers object to terms such as 'Pikey' and 'Palarse' so rather tan using the hackneyed expressions like 'scum' or 'wankers' we have elected (unofficially) to refer to Palace fans as 'Nigels'. Of course we doubt that it's prevent Nigles from referring to us as 'Gays' or 'Benders' and so on.

Interestingly I gather a lot of Palace fans enjoy the fare at the 'Bird in the Hand' public house.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think that 'Stripey Nigels' is a brilliant name for them.

All the others are too emotional and too generic.

City refer to United as the 'Rags' up here for instance, and Sunderland fans call 'Boro fans 'Smoggies'. It's better to have a single name that everyone understands that is unique to those you are referring to, and surely 'Nigels' fits the bill?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Calling them "Palace" has always been clear enough for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think that 'Stripey Nigels' is a brilliant name for them.

All the others are too emotional and too generic.

City refer to United as the 'Rags' up here for instance, and Sunderland fans call 'Boro fans 'Smoggies'. It's better to have a single name that everyone understands that is unique to those you are referring to, and surely 'Nigels' fits the bill?
Perfectly correct, El Pres. And if you don't understand why Nigels isn't the perfect name for them, then this thread explains everything:

Just look at them FFS.

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

And that's just page ONE. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here