Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why has Steve Fozzie Foster cut all ties with the club?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wasn't he the one who instigated getting Dick Knight into the club?

Why won't he have anything to do with the club now?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Foster got the hump when he was poo-poo'd trying to get Stephen Whatshisface into the club.

He wanted total control and Knight told him to stick it.

I could've dreamt this all up however, though I'm pretty sure it's right - just can't remember for definite if his name was Stephen.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Carrot Cruncher said:
Foster got the hump when he was poo-poo'd trying to get Stephen Whatshisface into the club.

He wanted total control and Knight told him to stick it.

I could've dreamt this all up however, though I'm pretty sure it's right - just can't remember for definite if his name was Stephen.

My guess from that situation was that Fozzie had been promised the manager's job if Purdew got control, hence being pissed off when Knight said the club wasn't a toy for megalomaniacs.

Shame that's made him completely cut ties, but no doubt he's one of those who'll be back when Falmer is built. I remember my mum writing to the club to complain about him swearing in front of the South Stand in the 93/94 season.

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I remember my mum writing to the club to complain about him swearing in front of the South Stand in the 93/94 season.

Did she write in and complain about just about every member of the crowd having a good swear up too :rolleyes:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mr Banana said:
My guess from that situation was that Fozzie had been promised the manager's job if Purdew got control, hence being pissed off when Knight said the club wasn't a toy for megalomaniacs.

Not sure about the Manager bit, but the rest is the reason for cutting the ties with the club, he told me when I met him at a do, and innocently asked whay he never came to the Albion nowadays.

Very bitter about the way DK refused to entertain Purdews offer. I was quite taken aback by how furious Fossie was when talking about it, used a lot of F C and A words to describe DK and the situation. I have to say, Fossie won't be back anywhere near the club until DK is out of the picture.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Superphil said:
Not sure about the Manager bit, but the rest is the reason for cutting the ties with the club, he told me when I met him at a do, and innocently asked whay he never came to the Albion nowadays.

Very bitter about the way DK refused to entertain Purdews offer. I was quite taken aback by how furious Fossie was when talking about it, used a lot of F C and A words to describe DK and the situation. I have to say, Fossie won't be back anywhere near the club until DK is out of the picture.
I'd heard several overtures about the Purdew for Chairman / Foster for manager bit.

The principle reason, so goes the story, that Knight turned down Purdew was the wanted total control. And this was not that long after Bill Archer had been turfed out. Once bitten and al that...

But most of this does seem to be hearsay.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dwayne said:
Wasn't he the one who instigated getting Dick Knight into the club?

Why won't he have anything to do with the club now?

Doesn't he usually come sniffing around within about 24 hours of a 'final' Falmer decision as figurehead of a group of 'Albion Investors' who are mysteriously nowhere to be seen when the club most needs them? ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
After only about 2 years from wresting the Albion out of Archer's control you can't really blame DK from acting the way he did can you? There was a genuine fear of having one person like Archer in control of the club and most people - from what I remember - thought DK was quite right.

And as for Foster as manager, what sort of track record has he got?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: Re: Why has Steve Fozzie Foster cut all ties with the club?

Tom Hark said:
Doesn't he usually come sniffing around within about 24 hours of a 'final' Falmer decision as figurehead of a group of 'Albion Investors' who are mysteriously nowhere to be seen when the club most needs them? ???
not the facts im afraid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here