Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why has my thread based on that fact we will live without Bennett been deleted?

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

Post 116.

When we had LuaLua ripping teams to shreds, did anyone really think Bennett was the soul of the team? Yes he is a quality player but really he's a quality player in a quality team. All these assists come down to the style we play as much as Bennetts ability. Bennetts role is to play the killer ball, I'm sure if we had someone else as good in his position, we'd see a similar sort of influence on the team. I would be so much more gutted if it was Poyet leaving than Bennett and thankfully that isn't the case so we should all be as greatful as we've been this season regardless of where Elliot may be come Febuary. Look at what Noone did for us when coming off the bench on tuesday, how many clubs in our league can have that sort of luxury? These are great times for the club, so great that the lose of Bennett wont be half as devasting as it would of been in previous seasons. I also have a very strong feeling LuaLua will be back as permanent signing which would match the legendary signing of Zamora incomparison to his influence. Like Zamora LuaLua could win us matches alone something which any team at our standard would be dreaming of and yet for us it's a possibilty.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Bennett stay as he does comes across as a very level headed profesional and a consitent performer but remember, its the team who are playing well not just Bennett which is a clear indication we can live without him. If Bennett leaves then I'll be very excited to see what Poyet brings in as a replacement as I'm sure it'll either match or better Bennetts ability. Thats how good Poyet is as a manager, he's an utter genius!
Good times ahead thats all we need to know!
Seagulls!!

Happy now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here