Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Has Leon Not Signed Yet?

Richie Morris said:
We could use the money in saved wages to buy McCammon and play him upfront with Virgo. What lovely football we would be watching then.:shootself

I quite enjoyed the game on Boxing Day against the Gills myself - seemed to be quite a lot of other happy faces around at the end too. Two fairly nice goals to enjoy!

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
There is no way he'd leave because of a few moaners.
A few weeks ago he was keen to stay because on current form no other team in this league would of been interested, but as stated above he's hit form and is probably keeping his options open.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
I quite enjoyed the game on Boxing Day against the Gills myself - seemed to be quite a lot of other happy faces around at the end too. Two fairly nice goals to enjoy!

Thats funny because the way I remember it was that we were awful fo the majority of the game and looked like losing to perhaps the poorest team in the league.

Then Chippy had a cracking shot and we scrambled a late winner.

It was great to win yes, but lets not kid ourselves that we actually player well that day.

We were dire and struggled to create anything for 80 minutes.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Richie, we weren't that poor against Gillingham. They actually played well and wouldn't let us settle on the ball, but we battled just as hard as them. When we equalised they completely fell apart and the last 10 mins was played pretty much in their box.

After that defeat they went unbeaten for the remainder of Christmas and took the same number of points as we did.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Surely Leon`s mature enough to not take any notice of a few dickheads in the stand/radio. He`s probably seeing if there is anything better on the table and trying to improve Albion`s initial offer in the meantime, while tying Liz Costa`s knitting in knots.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
jezzer said:
Surely Leon`s mature enough to not take any notice of a few dickheads in the stand/radio. He`s probably seeing if there is anything better on the table and trying to improve Albion`s initial offer in the meantime, while tying Liz Costa`s knitting in knots.

A few???!

Every home game he gets abused from every area of the ground

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
He did receive some gobby stuff in th earlier part of the season but he wasn`t playing well at the time. Can`t say I have heard anything from where I sit for quite a few matches (D Block) and wouldn`t have even known about the armband stuff if it hadn`t have appeared here on ncs.

Richie Morris said:
Then Chippy had a cracking shot and we scrambled a late winner.

It was great to win yes, but lets not kid ourselves that we actually player well that day.

We were dire and struggled to create anything for 80 minutes.

I thought we played quite well in Sheffield :)

I enjoyed both the 2-1 wins. Sorry you only enjoyed one of them :D

Looking good for the return of the Big Mac, innit? :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Again London Irish you dont seem to read my posts.

I quite clearly put "it was great to win"

You also tried to make it look as if I was talking about the Sheffield game because I think you know that we were poor against Gillingham.

I enjoy every game Brighton win but am not blinkered enough to blindly assume that because we won we must have played well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie it happens every game - If West Ham had someone on the pitch that could finish we would be 3 points worse off - however people forget that

KinkyGoebels said:
Richie it happens every game - If West Ham had someone on the pitch that could finish we would be 3 points worse off - however people forget that

Too bloody right - and don't forget Leicester, Preston, Leeds, Rotherham, Watford - if only they'd have been able to score, they would have beaten us :angry: :angry: Why can't I support a great team like Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here