Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why dont we just phone up Prescott and ask him?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
berkshire seagull said:
Just rang that number and the secretary said bla bla bla and i said how about a date and she put the phone down.:lolol:

I tried that, as I work in London, and I am meeting "Lucy" at 6pm tonight, I am looking forward to pumping her thoroughly .......... for infomation, you understand :flameboun

ffs, bhafc4eva ...

Can't you see that phoning the ODPM is damaging the interests of the Club?

I repeat ...

The more people ring up and harangue the ODPM's office the longer the decision will be - just about the best way to piss them off.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lord Bracknell said:
ffs, bhafc4eva ...

I repeat ...

The more people ring up and harangue the ODPM's office the longer the decision will be - just about the best way to piss them off.
:lolol: :lolol: :flameboun Piss em off and you will have falmer tommorow:p

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lord Bracknell said:
ffs, bhafc4eva ...

I repeat ...

[/QUOTE

Just kidding actually !! (thought that was pretty obvious)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Piss them off and they may change the decision.

You've probably just pissed off 2 jags PS.... the person with one of the biggest influences over him.

clever... very clever
First of all a bit of crowd trouble will affect falmer and know phoning his secretary will affect it,so whats next as it certainly won't affect the decision full stop dear o dear.:ohmy:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Might they not think "if we give them Falmer those pesky Brighton fans will stop ringing"?
Also, if they do not want people to ring up then they should not publish their number. Prescott is an MP and thus answerable to the public, it is actually his job to answer queries from the public. Living in Hull next door to his consituency I can tell you it is often in the papers etc up here how people have written to their MP's etc and got replies.

Plus, they are not very professional if they cannot spare the timt to be polite and field hoenst questions from concerned voters.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
berkshire seagull said:
First of all a bit of crowd trouble will affect falmer and know phoning his secretary will affect it,so whats next as it certainly won't affect the decision full stop dear o dear.:ohmy:

They just don't get it Berksire do they ! Some folks just work on a different level

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Scoffers said:
They just don't get it Berksire do they ! Some folks just work on a different level
Agreed as nothing can affect the outcome in these ways regardless of what people think.:drink:

The "Office of the Deputy Prime Minister" is a government department. It employs thousands of people. The number that was posted was the switchboard number, not the number of Prescott's private office.

But for all that - it is not in the interests of the Albion for members of the public to phone up about the planning application. That will only alert the Civil Servants to the fact that this is an obviously controversial issue and that they may have to advise Prescott to be very cautious about what he decides, particularly in view of the fact that the site is in an AONB (which is a subject they will know a lot about, because they are in the middle of another - and much bigger - Public Inquiry, namely the National Park Inquiry).

So be careful.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Agreed as nothing can affect the outcome in these ways regardless of what people think.:drink:

You know EVERYTHING. You've got it sussed Berkshire. You're a GENIUS! :rolleyes:

Now, who want's Berkshire's number? I imagine some people have a few choice words! (JOKE)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am losing my considerable faith in British politics if we have got to the stage when people taking an interest in affairs and decision making will somehow affect the eventual decision made purely because it might have pissed a switchboard operator off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here