Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't we ever start with CKR?

All he ever does at the moment is come off the bench and score........................................

At the moment I would rather start with him and Knight than Robinson when our only tactic is to play/hoof high balls and crosses in to the box to a strike force that barely can outjump a flea...........................................

I don't think it's a coincidence his scoring record.

He's an incredibly talented player who can do damage if tiring defenders lose concentration and give him space.

Alas, at the beginning of games, defenders tend to be very focused, and, well, not tired. CKR has done less well against constant, tight marking, his inexperience has shown and he has given away too many fouls. Experience and learning will eventually turn this round for CKR.

As Watford also showed last week, he dies at about the 60 minute mark, so if you want him picked from the start, make sure you also pick the guy who replaces him for the last half-hour.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
London Irish said:

He's an incredibly talented player who can do damage if tiring defenders lose concentration and give him space.

Alas, at the beginning of games, defenders tend to be very focused, and, well, not tired. CKR has done less well against constant, tight marking, his inexperience has shown and he has given away too many fouls. Experience and learning will eventually turn this round for CKR.

As Watford also showed last week, he dies at about the 60 minute mark, so if you want him picked from the start, make sure you also pick the guy who replaces him for the last half-hour.

See when you're not being a conceited bastard you can actually make some sense...

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Although in McGhee's post match interview he said CKR will start against Hull.

I agree though that he's probably better brought on later in the game when the defenders aren't so sharp.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd like to see him start. Maybe that will be the plan against Hull, with McCammon on the bench for a last half hour bombardment if needed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because he is the new David Fairclough

Kids ask your dad who he was....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bailey said:
Although in McGhee's post match interview he said CKR will start against Hull.

I agree though that he's probably better brought on later in the game when the defenders aren't so sharp.

What is to stop us from start ing with a 5-5-0 formation playing with no strikers but making sure we don't conceed. Then when the defenders get a bit tired we can hit them with Knight and CKR!!

BAM!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Unless he gets whole games his stamina is not going to progress to the point where he is dangerous for a whole game.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
One thing i did notice about him on sat was that he seemed to have developed a first touch. previously the ball had a tendency to bounce right back from whence it came.

however CKR himself said last week that he wants to start scoring ugly goals

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
think he is so much better coming off the bench, as lee steele was a few years back

unfortunately, our strikers are shit so having him on the bench is a bit of a waste

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
CKR needs a decent run in the team, if he doesn't score against Hull in the first 60 mins he'll be subbed and then dropped for the next game.

MM's policy of switching the forwards every week is shite. It must knock their confidence and of course they don't get a chance to form any sort of understand/partnership.

CKR will probably start at left back next week, with Mayo playing as the target man

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
n1 gull said:
CKR needs a decent run in the team, if he doesn't score against Hull in the first 60 mins he'll be subbed and then dropped for the next game.

MM's policy of switching the forwards every week is shite. It must knock their confidence and of course they don't get a chance to form any sort of understand/partnership.

C

Quite agree - Knight has played 95% of games from the start this season, and scored 5 goals.

Jake has 2, and CKR 4, however every time they don't score they are dropped! Bloody stupid

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
London Irish said:

Spot on and if he has to play him from the start then pair him with Jake or Mcphee, drop the Leon as when he and CKR play together CKR gets Leonitus and gets lazy........

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
Not to mention a serious problem with defying gravity!

:lolol: Sometimes it seems like a competition between him and Leon to see who can look more like 'Bambi On Ice'!!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
parks said:
Spot on and if he has to play him from the start then pair him with Jake or Mcphee, drop the Leon as when he and CKR play together CKR gets Leonitus and gets lazy........

:rolleyes:

Yay, because they've both really shown themselves up to this level, haven't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here