Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does tb not convert his investment into shares now?

no-one would pay £ 130 m for a professional football club in the current climate, there are clubs like portsmouth in admin who can't find a buyer when their debts are of a similar order of magnitude.

If the club were promoted, it would require further investment to improve the playing squad in the short term.

Tb doesn't view his investment as a short term 'punt', he's in it for the long haul. You should be very happy that he isn't converting his investment into shares, because it's keeping people like the venky's, the chainrai's and the glaziers etc, well away from our club.

so you think if he had the shares in his hands he would sell to the first johnny foreigner to knock on his door,i thought if the albion cost him more per share he would be under more pressure to get his cash back
???

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
so you think if he had the shares in his hands he would sell to the first johnny foreigner to knock on his door,i thought if the albion cost him more per share he would be under more pressure to get his cash back
???

No, I don't think he would be selling ALL his shares to a foreign investor but he might be tempted to offer them a %age and a position on the Board. And that's exactly how Greg Stanley introduced Bill Archer to BHA and we all know what happened after that.........

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
SO HE COULD OWN 100% AND WE WOULD STILL OWE HIM MONEY OR WOULD HE OWE HIMSELF MONEY?:facepalm:

The value of the club would be what it would go for if it was sold. Brighton would not be sold for £140m. With regard to the money he put in, you seem to forget that the cost of building the stadium included a lot of infrasture which doesn't form part of the stadium site and would not be part of any sale, eg improvements to village way and some of the access roads, the cost of which was supported by grants from the likes of Seeda. I believe we also got grants from the Football trust and probably other bodies. I'm not sure it has ever been established how much TB needed to put to give the project the green light.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
So there's a Shoreham Beach mafia, eh?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
TB is the 'ultimate controlling party' due to his 77% shareholding as per the accounts for year to June 2011. This shareholding is in the holding company, which itself owned 100% of the 'Football Club' in these accounts.

It seems that, acc. to the return lodged at end of 2012, there are now other shareholders in the 'Football Club' with very small holdings, such as Knight and Ray Bloom. I am not sure if this means that the holding company no longer own 100% of the 'Football Club', would need somebody more qualified than me to confirm...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The value of the club would be what it would go for if it was sold. Brighton would not be sold for £140m. With regard to the money he put in, you seem to forget that the cost of building the stadium included a lot of infrasture which doesn't form part of the stadium site and would not be part of any sale, eg improvements to village way and some of the access roads, the cost of which was supported by grants from the likes of Seeda. I believe we also got grants from the Football trust and probably other bodies. I'm not sure it has ever been established how much TB needed to put to give the project the green light.

One of the better informed posts on the stadium subject, well put....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Something I vaguely remember, is that there was a tax issue - ie if he GAVE the club the money there would be tax to pay, which could be avoided if it was nominally a 'loan'.

This may be bullshit.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Still does not make sense not to convert into shares now,valued at 140 million or 14 million it will go up with a promotion,in fact the lower the valuation the more reason to convert now!???

He already owns 77% of the shares. Others own the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here