Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does McGhee want to use our last loan on Benjamin?

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Our defence is pretty sound home and away.

Big Trev, Iwelumo, Knight, Mcphee and Robinson as attacking options would certainly add to our firepower.

Don't forget the semi-final of the playoffs is over 2 legs so we need to make the most of the home game and pile on the goals.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tons of firepower if he gets big Trev back in. And it puts a bit of pressure on Leon too to make sure his attitude stays just right!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
trueblue said:
Tons of firepower if he gets big Trev back in. And it puts a bit of pressure on Leon too to make sure his attitude stays just right!

I'd like to see Trev back. He, Knight, Big Chris and Jake would make a potent strikeforce. Why not give Hammond a run out in midfield?

:drink:

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
If we end up playing someone like QPR in the playoffs we are going to need two big boys up there with Leon.

Posting this with the benefit ok knowing how it went tonight I can see the logic.

We would be MAD not to have Trev back. He was the focus of our play while he was here. The bottom line is that there are probably no midfield loan players out there anywhere near Trev's class. We can't afford an injury to our front 2 to disrupt our play-off chances, McPhee and Robinson are not yet ready to get us into Division 1.

The fact is we have a very talented midfielder in John Piercy who can't get into the team because our current style of play means playing box-to-box workhorses. Piercy would cover in the event of midfield injuries - we don't need to waste a loan on that.

BRING BACK BENJI :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
i want benjamin back
the competition for places would be fantastic and (although i'd prefer to see knight+one of them as our strike force)it might make knight buck up his ideas...was he any good tonight btw after his superb performance and attitude against tranmere

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sergi Gotsmanov said:
If we end up playing someone like QPR in the playoffs we are going to need two big boys up there with Leon.

That's exactly how it would be.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Initial reactions after last night are that we don't need Benjamin. I think we need a midfielder who can unlock a defence for the play-offs

Lush

Mods' Pet
Padders said:
Initial reactions after last night are that we don't need Benjamin. I think we need a midfielder who can unlock a defence for the play-offs

I agree, but no way is one of those going to come through the loan system unless they are relatively raw and untried (Yeates, Rehman).

Benjamin is a quality player and we are lucky to have such a good relationship with Micky that he is prepared to even consider letting us have him back, considering that Leicester's squad isn't exactly the largest and at least three players will have other things on their plate for the rest of the season.

It makes sense what people say above about a big central striker being crucial to our play (what happens if Iwelumo gets injured?) and the possible need for two big strikers if we come up against the likes of QPR in the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here