Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does Gus constantly tout himself for Chelsea Job?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
He has next to no chance of ever going there. The fans hate him. He would be gone within months.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because he would like to manage Chelsea? Fair enough, but I'd think they'd want someone with European experience.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
According to bushy, a Chelsea fan, they don't like him. Moved to Spurs and kissed the badge when he scored, imagine if Murray done that to us.

News to me, I would have thought they'd love him, but then again, my opinion of Chelsea fans has gone right down in the last few weeks, so I don't really care what they think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw Bushy's comment about Gus kissing the Tottenham badge after Spurs had scored against Chelsea, I imagine that would have pissed them off. I accept that Gus would crawl on broken glass all the way to Stamford Bridge should he be offered the job, c'est la vie, Chelsea is Gus' 1st love, we'd get over it as I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem replacing him with a high profile excellent manager. I just hope it doesn't happen anytime soon.

fattyjohn

Jun 17, 2011
north roedean
obviously gus wants the chelsea job as its one of his loves,wether he would last there ,who knows ,but unlike when gus arrived ,we have changed , gus might go but the other man behind our transition will still be there and thanks to TB ,there would be a queue from falmer to brighton for the job

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm really not convinced that Gus is ready for the Chelsea job, get us promotion this season and just maybe....

Dec 29, 2011
charlie george on soccer saturday saying he should be given the job

Anyone who doesn't follow Championship football, or even Brighton for that matter, has no right to share their opinion. They don't watch Brighton week in week out and they can't rate our manager. We all know Gus has many managerial qualities, but also lots of things he'll still need to improve on before moving to a top club.
It's kind of like Martin Tyler rating CMS as a very good Championship striker, when really he rarely watches him and is just going on what the 'general football public' think.

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
I don't think he is touting , more like he sells himself through achievment.They were talking about him on sky again this morning, putting him up for the job.With the recent goings on at Chelsea i am sure that he would be more popular than some candidates.Hopefully Gus will remain with us , as is what he has always implied, ie building a team fit for Premiership football and progressing with it.
What doesn't help are these owners and boards dumping perfectly good managers at the moment and creating false vacancies.The saying goes ,if it is not broken then don't fix it! These under qualified characters waiting in the wings to earn a few bob are making a mockery of football. But it is the fault of clueless owners giving them the chance.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This would depend on Abramovich being the sort of owner who is constantly chopping and changing his managers.

De Matteo winning the Champions League wasn't up to scratch according to the Russian so a manager who has only won a League One Championship probably doesn't feature too high on Abramovich's wish list

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
This would depend on Abramovich being the sort of owner who is constantly chopping and changing his managers.

With a record of having eight managers in five years, I would imagine that any manager including Gus would think very carefully before signing up for the Abramovich guillotine.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could we loan him to them, so that when Roman does his usual and gets pissed off and fires him after eight months, he's got something to come back to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here