Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone suddenly want HUDDS to go up?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Although i'm probably alone on this, i'd much rather Saints got 2nd place and Bournemouth won the play offs, I couln't give a shit about Huddersfield. I like the idea of Us, Palace, Pompey, Saints and Bournemouth in the same division should make for some fantastic games and decent banter.
I don't think you're alone at all, that would be my choice as well for the reasons you state. And judging by a lot of the comments from all the Southampton posters on this board (surely the biggest influx of visiting fans NSC's ever had), there's going to be a fair bit of needle next season! Can't wait!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Small minded fear of other nations.

I think the fact that Richie is a journo and can't spell was more to the point!!

I would love Hudds to go up, not that I give one toss about Southampton, but Richie, when a manager waves imaginary cards about then the opposing manager has every right to be aggrieved...BUT it matters NOT!!!!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
100% fecking right nice to see decent common sense prevailing, unfortunately i dont think Bournmouth are good enough at the moment, to beat Rochedale or MK in the play offs

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Although i'm probably alone on this, i'd much rather Saints got 2nd place and Bournemouth won the play offs, I couln't give a shit about Huddersfield. I like the idea of Us, Palace, Pompey, Saints and Bournemouth in the same division should make for some fantastic games and decent banter.

Totally agree.....I never want to see Albion lose but yesterday may not be a bad result in the whole scheme of things. I'd love to continue this rivalry with our new second hated team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Albion fans living in the northern wastelands would prefer Huddersfield to go up as it is a decent away trip.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Nobody remember Clarke's borderline xenophobia after the game up there?

Well, firstly it's not a sudden thing is it? People have been wishing anyone but Saints for months and secondly it's not everyone and thirdly are you so thick that you can't work out why most people prefer it? Even if you can't work it out there's plenty of threads with people giving their explanations.

I can't work out if you're just v slow, a wind-up merchant or attention-seeking?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the fact that Richie is a journo and can't spell was more to the point!!

I would love Hudds to go up, not that I give one toss about Southampton, but Richie, when a manager waves imaginary cards about then the opposing manager has every right to be aggrieved...BUT it matters NOT!!!!

I was at that game, although Poyet did wave his arms around, it was nothing more than he normally does. Clarke interpreted it as waving imaginary cards.
I haven't suddenly wanted Hudds to go up, I have always wanted them to get auto for the same reason as Basil Fawlty. I don't like going to St Marys very much.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
I think that is possibly the difference between some brighton fans and saints fans. If you had asked saints at the beginning of the year who they would rather were promoted out of Huddersfield and Brighton, the vast vast majority would have said Brighton and that wouldn't really have changed for the majority of the season (until you secured promotion obviously.)

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
It's not a case of people wanting Udders to go up, but more of wanting stains to stay down.

Two reasons I reckon, firstly the Adkin's comments, and second the Adkin's comments

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think a local derby against West Ham is an equal bet (just as likely) than a visit to Southampton. I think Southampton will go up with MK Dons winning the play-off final against Huddersfield. West Ham could escape with three Lancashire teams, Blackpool, Blackburn and Wigan getting relegated. It is great to watch all the struggles when we are already up. Lancashire is over-represented in the Premier, like Yorkshire (well Sheffield) will be over-represented in League One. PS: Scunthorpe is in Lincs. Chesterfield is in Derbys. How many trips over the Severn Bridge anyone?

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Nobody remember Clarke's borderline xenophobia after the game up there?

Think I read (probably on here) that Adkins went down the 'foreign mentality' route as well.

For me though i would have preferred P'boro to go up but they seem bloody useless when it matters. I don't care about Southampton, my only reason for not wanting them to go up though is so we don't get a repeat of all the crap on here over the past few weeks and the stupid amount of Saints threads.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Think I read (probably on here) that Adkins went down the 'foreign mentality' route as well.

For me though i would have preferred P'boro to go up but they seem bloody useless when it matters. I don't care about Southampton, my only reason for not wanting them to go up though is so we don't get a repeat of all the crap on here over the past few weeks and the stupid amount of Saints threads.

P'boro will win the play offs.

Then it will be:bounce: time from the Roaster. :bounce: ( or you if they don't :US: )

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
:clap2: This fan in BN1 thinks it's a decent away trip too,
much better day out than a trip to St Fairies.

+1. I haven't got any real beef with Stains, but the promotion rivalry was quite good, but would like to see Hudds for personal reasons. Although Stains will probably get automatic promotion, I hope Hudds win the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here