Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Why does everyone hate Bono?"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A question just asked to me by my girlfriend. But how do you even begin to explain this without just saying "He's a prize cock".

So if you hate Bono, try to explain why that is for me....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't as he has done a load of voluntary work on famine relief - top man in my opinion

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The smugness. He's probably a nice bloke, but he doesn't half look like he's winking at me over an expert wank he just had and is allowed to live in a world where wanking is permitted at any time and place he fancies. Whilst i, of course, have to hide my methods and am made to simply feel dirty.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Let me state quite clearly at the outset that I don't punch people.

But Bono has one of those faces you just want to punch really, really hard. I think its the stupid ever-present wrap-around glasses that I imagine he even wears in the bath, mowing the lawn, watching the One Show and wiring a plug. I really wish he'd lose the glasses - yes Bono, we'd all still know its you.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Anyone who wears shades at night or indoors is a cock

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
The smugness. He's probably a nice bloke, but he doesn't half look like he's winking at me over an expert wank he just had and is allowed to live in a world where wanking is permitted at any time and place he fancies. Whilst i, of course, have to hide my methods and am made to simply feel dirty.

This.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
A question just asked to me by my girlfriend. But how do you even begin to explain this without just saying "He's a prize cock".

Bono was onstage in Glasgow, he starts speaking to the mike and clapping his hands very slowly above his head "Every toime oi clap me hands, a choild dies in Africa" says Bono

"Well then, stop clapping your f***ing hands then you ****" says a fella in the crowd

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Bono was onstage in Glasgow, he starts speaking to the mike and clapping his hands very slowly above his head "Every toime oi clap me hands, a choild dies in Africa" says Bono

"Well then, stop clapping your f***ing hands then you ****" says a fella in the crowd

Thank you xenophon : for your avatar , and one of my favourite anecdotes .

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Everytime Bono clicks his fingers...

...U2 are tax dodging and an Irish child goes without healthcare, education and welfare support.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
She's even more confused now! That hands thing just went WHOOOOOOSH!!... Short bullet points would be better. Thank you please.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

I don't know anyone that does.

Strange using the words "everyone" and "hate".
Reserve hate for someone evil, or who has hurt your family.

Sounds like typical British spite and envy of the successful.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
U2 were superb in the early days and their albums got better and better but after the Joshua tree it starting going down hill for me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The smugness.

thats a large part of it, though to be fair after a generation of people venerating him, its not really his fault. another large part is its cool to dislike people who are rich and famous.

and theres the thing were he could just give up his entire fortune to good causes, rather than ask everyone else to dip in their pockets first.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Everytime Bono clicks his fingers...

...U2 are tax dodging and an Irish child goes without healthcare, education and welfare support.
This, plus the awful soulessness of U2's music and the fact that I blame Bono for Chris Martin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here