Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Does Andy Naylor Hate Us So Much?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
El Presidente said:
As for Gatting, 19 year old kid who is trying his best.

It does seem to pass some fans by that we started the game on Saturday with Five 19 year olds in the starting line up.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe but he is a journalist. He's not employed by the club to write pro-Albion properganda. Can't argue with anything he's said.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think Naylor hates us as such, but some of the text Brett has highlighted could have been written in a far less confrontational and less provocative manner.

Naylor has chosen his words carefully to arouse debate - not that there is much to debate at present. But his points about Gatting and Henderson are a bit naughty.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As naughty as anything that has been posted on Nsc over the past month or so?

Is Naylor taking his lead from Nsc?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yorkie said:
As naughty as anything that has been posted on Nsc over the past month or so?

Is Naylor taking his lead from Nsc?
The tender egos and hotheads on here are not qualified journalists with a certain sense of responsibility, which is just as well.

However, I don't know where else Naylor would get his voxpops from regarding fans' opinions. Perhaps someone can enlighten us.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Why does Andy Naylor hate us so much - because he hasn't got his spin doctor managing the club anymore.

Oh, and he's a Stoke City fan.

:salute:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I dont think Andy Naylor 'hates' us. I do think that he had his nose put out of joint over the Purdew story many years back and completely misjudged the fans' reaction.

This led him to writing some anti certain fans stuff.

However, since then, he has written some very good stuff and some fairly awful stuff, But remember he is required to produce 6 big stories a week and if it isn't on a plate he may have to do some story creation ( a bit like ian hart on the phone in in terms of generating topics).

It is unlikely he will make it onto a national daily now so this is probably the tip of his career. he looks like being here for a while so perhaps we should all just move on and live with it. It could be worse, we could have that fool Tony Hudd that covers Gillingham. Now he is a numpty.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
ROSM said:
I dont think Andy Naylor 'hates' us. I do think that he had his nose put out of joint over the Purdew story many years back and completely misjudged the fans' reaction.

This led him to writing some anti certain fans stuff.

what story was that?

I missed it at the time but I remember him being very anti us during late 2002.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I hope he appreciated us midway through the second half at Chesterfield with a rendition of "Andy Naylor is a wanker , is a wanker"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bigc said:
what story was that?

I missed it at the time but I remember him being very anti us during late 2002.
He, along with Steve Foster, was courted by that awful tosser Steven Purdew, a rich twat who owns a health farm which was featured on a docusoap (and on which he acted a right nobber throughout) and who fancied using a certain football club as a rich man's plaything.

Naylor bent over backwards to accommodate his views on how he should take over everything to do with the Albion immediately and went LARGE with this story on the back page of the Argus, thereby missing the point and, I'd imagine, the opinion of fans by just a few thousand miles or so.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thankless task having to fill endless pages about the same two dozen dullards over the course of a season.

Face it, NSC has 4000 potential contibutors and still has days when there's nothing much to talk about.

Shit job that Andy Naylor does pretty well IMHO. You might disagree with some or a lot of his writing, but I for one don't consciously recall reading endless rehashes of the same stuff. And at times he seems genuinely frustrated at the club's lack of progress in an AlbionFan-type way.

Least he manages to keep the articles looking fresh, which is something of a major achievement in itself. And the match reports are usually spot-on.

He's OK. Could be lumbered with a lot worse.

Last edited:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I thought he was rather negative today.

"Fans should brace themselves for a forth successive home defeat in league one if albion fall behind to port vale tomorrow"

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kenhead said:
I thought he was rather negative today.

"Fans should brace themselves for a forth successive home defeat in league one if albion fall behind to port vale tomorrow"

But what he is saying is pretty much a fact and you can't argue with it.We are shit

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
algie said:
But what he is saying is pretty much a fact and you can't argue with it.We are shit

I agree it is fact but the way he worded it annoyed me, so if we go 1-0 down should we give up?
He could have easily started the artical saying something along the lines as "Albion will be looking to get off to a good start against Port Vale tomorrow as if they find themselves a goal behind it could well end up being an uphill task for them to pick up some much needed league points at home"

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The sooner he leaves the better, which one of the others is an Albion fan?

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
I can see nothing wrong with that report. We have had a season below many expectations and in my opinion Henderson was rightly dropped after a few costly mistakes.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I certainly detect an agenda in Naylor's writing. The language was subtly negative, and deliberately provocative. It wasn't strictly untrue, but it did have a pessimisitc spin on it. But that is how he writes.

He contacted my colleague in the 40 Notes Fund regarding the story of us donating some money over to the club. The first question he asked was 'when did the club ask for the money...?' Totally unnecessary.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:

He contacted my colleague in the 40 Notes Fund regarding the story of us donating some money over to the club. The first question he asked was 'when did the club ask for the money...?' Totally unnecessary.

Just like the posters on Nsc jumped to conclusions as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here