• I live there

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • My nearest league team

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • (A member of) My family does

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • My friends do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was my first game (or something...)

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • The glory.

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Who put the glory? I must have missed that bit!

I started going in 1978 with a load of blokes from my local pub in E Grinstead. That and being Sussex born and bred. I guess I'm stuck with the Albion for life now. Ah well, shit happens!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Wasn't born in Sussex but moved there when 5 years old, first team I liked was Chelsea (family from west London and my nan bought me a scarf), at the age of 10 I transferred allegience to the Albion as an elderly next door neighbour pointed out that they were our local team, plus his dad had been a director at the club just after it was formed. How could I argue with reasoning like that?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yoda said:
I need a multi choice. :(

My nearest league team
My family does
It was my first game

Same here

My nearest league team
Born in Shoreham
Dad took me when I was young (and he supported them when he was alive)

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Born in Crawley and lived here all my life, but went to school down Burgess Hill, between 1993-2002, and most people that went to the school supported Brighton and people on the street I grew up on supported Brighton or West Ham (wehatepalace also grew up on the same street), my family (From Wimbledon but moved to Sussex in the 60's) are not into football so I do not have a blood alligance with a team. I started keeping an eye out for Albions results about 1998, but was not a proper supporter until a few years ago. When I decided that as I was Sussex Born and Bred I should support Brighton as they are actully the nearest football league team.

Am I an oddball, as I have no family from the area, and I live in a town full of London footy fans and Crawley Town FC (Not in football League), although there is a few Seagulls here, and it is in Sussex? ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Signature says it all.:clap2:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was born in London. Wimbledon would've been my team. Moved to Lancing at the age of four (not on my own of course). Supported Leeds Utd as a young lad as it was the 70's, they were good and my Nan liked them. Discovered around the age of 9 the love you feel supporting your local team and have never looked back. Consider myself a Sussex boy at heart. After all, all I can really remember of London was my Mum's tits.

Kev the Ape

My mum and dad are Brighton fans, and i have been Brighton fan all my life. My first game 1987 Bradford city at home.... what was the score i cant remember.

And i was born a Junior Seagull. :clap2:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Its easy to support fashionable clubs
The albion are either awesome or awful and I like that
Been going since 1973 and there have been plenty of highs and lows
But they are my team and nothing will change that. I love them

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kev the Ape said:
My mum and dad are Brighton fans, and i have been Brighton fan all my life. My first game 1987 Bradford city at home.... what was the score i cant remember.

And i was born a Junior Seagull. :clap2:

Sorry Kev but we didn't play Bradford City at home in 87.

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Always supported Brighton since I was a little 6 year old boy as they was the locoest league team too me and what really done it for me was my father being an Albion fan and taken me to my first ever game in 1981.

Couldn’t ever follow any other team, even if we lost our football status.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here