Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Palace?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I dont hate palace in fact there are times when I love em (as it eases my pain). Everytime Im constipated I just think about that shitty little club and hey presto the poop pops out. Then I just go back to hating them. End of

Seagulljohn

Jul 21, 2011
I thought the rivalry started over nicknames. With eagles sounding like seagulls.

Maybe I just made that up.

Funny old world I live in.

Oh and because there pikey pricks. Never met a palace fan I liked.

THFC

Sep 2, 2011
I live in just outside Croydon but work in Brighton so I am friends with a lot of Palace and Brighton Fans. Having just read what some people have replied to in this topic makes me laugh. Hardly anyone knows anything about the rivalry but post remarks like ‘they smell’ or they play at a ‘shit hole’. Up until last year your team played at the biggest shit hole in the country.
The arrogance from Brighton fans towards Palace makes me cringe. Most Brighton ‘fans’ I work with think they are far superior to Palace. Its not the case is it? Have you seen the Premier League?
Yes you have a better ground. I have been and its alright. Just alright. But its just the same as half the grounds in the championship.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I think it's great that our revulsion and vitriol towards each other has stood the test of time while more recently Palace have been by far in the ascendancy. However, it cannot be a surprise to any one that we are making a bit of noise because finally we look a better all round prospect in our first season back in the Champ.

It's been a long time coming - so let us build ourselves up for a fall if that be so. My guess - we'll be above CPFC for a good few seasons.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All the individual Palace fans I know are fine. They know their way around this division better than us and have struggled recently.

We do seem to have an edge over this year in terms of spending power, and that should give us a fair chance of turning them over at home for the first time in decades.

Personally I don't think we have any bragging rights yet, but fingers crossed that later this month will reverse that.

To a certain extent the rivalry is similar to that of United v City. One team had a higher position than the other for a long period and the obsession probably was one way, but recent events have changed that.

---
I am here: Google Maps

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it's great that our revulsion and vitriol towards each other has stood the test of time while more recently Palace have been by far in the ascendancy. However, it cannot be a surprise to any one that we are making a bit of noise because finally we look a better all round prospect in our first season back in the Champ.

It's been a long time coming - so let us build ourselves up for a fall if that be so. My guess - we'll be above CPFC for a good few seasons.

The thing is though is that Palace have been in adnministration twice because they lived at somebody else's expense (including most of us as tax payers) whereas we have lived within our means. Palace have made constant snide remarks about us being a 'Tin Pot' club which we were in truth but we are not debtors like them. Now of course we have a better squad, a far better home, substantially better finaces and bigger crowds home and away and yet these low life paupers still sneer which frankly shows just how ignorant they are.

Not worth hating but well worth hearty contempt.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The thing is though is that Palace have been in adnministration twice because they lived at somebody else's expense (including most of us as tax payers) whereas we have lived within our means. Palace have made constant snide remarks about us being a 'Tin Pot' club which we were in truth but we are not debtors like them. Now of course we have a better squad, a far better home, substantially better finaces and bigger crowds home and away and yet these low life paupers still sneer which frankly shows just how ignorant they are.

Not worth hating but well worth hearty contempt.

Well said. I do like seeing them scramble around to find trinkets of self assuring insults to throw at us right now. Stuff like - you'll be bankrupt if yo don't get promoted this year - It's a huge back handed compliment coming from them!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I hope that within a few years we will be looking on them with pity as they languish in their shit-pit, bottom of the league with attendances of around 2000 people and substantially fewer teeth.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We have not lived within our means though.

Had it not been for the generosity of former Albion player Howard Wilkinson in signing Mark Beeney for £350k when he was manager of Leeds we would have been wound up by HMRC in the mid/early 90's

---

Jan 30, 2008
I live in just outside Croydon but work in Brighton so I am friends with a lot of Palace and Brighton Fans. Having just read what some people have replied to in this topic makes me laugh. Hardly anyone knows anything about the rivalry but post remarks like ‘they smell’ or they play at a ‘shit hole’. Up until last year your team played at the biggest shit hole in the country.
The arrogance from Brighton fans towards Palace makes me cringe. Most Brighton ‘fans’ I work with think they are far superior to Palace. Its not the case is it? Have you seen the Premier League?
Yes you have a better ground. I have been and its alright. Just alright. But its just the same as half the grounds in the championship.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

Who the f*** cares what a Spurs fan thinks. And to put it in simple terms, plenty of people have posted the links on this thread already as to WHY. So go read, if you are bothered. Otherwise there is not any point in everyone writing the same old shit again and again now is there.

When you have been a fan of a club, YES in the shittest ground, or WITHOUT one for that matter. A fan of a team who have had more shite to put up with than anyone, whilst their rivals constantly take the piss out of everything to do with your club. THEN and ONLY THEN, may you come on here and tell us the price of fish, now that YES we are all a little jubilent as to our current state of affairs.

SO NOW f*** OFF.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Had it not been for the generosity of former Albion player Howard Wilkinson in signing Mark Beeney for £350k when he was manager of Leeds we would have been wound up by HMRC in the mid/early 90's

---

This.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove

---

So ?

We sold our best player to pay our debts . Palace didn't.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Who the f*** cares what a Spurs fan thinks. And to put it in simple terms, plenty of people have posted the links on this thread already as to WHY. So go read, if you are bothered. Otherwise there is not any point in everyone writing the same old shit again and again now is there.

When you have been a fan of a club, YES in the shittest ground, or WITHOUT one for that matter. A fan of a team who have had more shite to put up with than anyone, whilst their rivals constantly take the piss out of everything to do with your club. THEN and ONLY THEN, may you come on here and tell us the price of fish, now that YES we are all a little jubilent as to our current state of affairs.

SO NOW f*** OFF.

Well said, that man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here