Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we never play through the middle???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We can't play through the middle for the simple reason the 3 central players are too slow going forward, lack the skill to carry the ball at pace and do not combined well as a unit . Opposition coaches can see this, last night's Posh setup 5-4-1, so they can easily stop the m/f and make us play down the wings, we throw in crosses which we don't convert.

Eh? Macca is VERY quick, Buckley often cuts inside and is absolute lightning, and Dobbie's hardly slow either.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Eh? Macca is VERY quick, Buckley often cuts inside and is absolute lightning, and Dobbie's hardly slow either.

What you're talking about are 3 forwards, they weren't on the pitch together and to get the ball to any of them at the moment would mean a long ball game and that's not going to happen with Gus incharge. The post was why don't we play through the middle?, unless you want a long ball to the 1 forward and it coming back all the time , it's going down the wings for us because as i have said the 3 in m/f are not quick enough going forward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What you're talking about are 3 forwards, they weren't on the pitch together and to get the ball to any of them at the moment would mean a long ball game and that's not going to happen with Gus incharge. The post was why don't we play through the middle?, unless you want a long ball to the 1 forward and it coming back all the time , it's going down the wings for us because as i have said the 3 in m/f are not quick enough going forward.

I'm just disputing the suggestion we don't have any quick attacking players, nothing else.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Lots of sighing from you tonight. I didn't realise you were a tactical mastermind and anyone that doesn't agree with you is a spastic. So you're really saying you're fine with under 1% of crosses leading to goals? Do you think we should just carry on aimlessly crossing in balls and not evaluating better ways of playing?

Please don't use the word spastic to describe someone who doesn't agree with someone elses opinion. To some people it is incredibly offensive and used completely incorrectly in this case. Thankyou. I agree with the rest of your post though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here