Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why do we have a manager?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No proof of anything, what a load of bunkum.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thats a guess I'm assuming. To add my guess to the mix I'd think DW is in the best position he's been in for a while so is rolling with the punches frankly.

So I assume that you agree that if he is 'rolling with the punches' then he might not be in control of some of the significant desicion making !!

Never a good sign eh

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
So I assume that you agree that if he is 'rolling with the punches' then he might not be in control of some of the significant desicion making !!

Never a good sign eh

Not true to a certain extent...

He manages football players, not a multi-mullion pound business....He makes sure the stock he is given makes a proft....a basic premis granted - but thats a managers job - get the best out of what you're given, whatever that may be....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
But you cant have a Chairman doing that, now can you ?

Why? Has his approach (whatever that may be as I don't know any more than you do) not provided us far more success than we could ever have possibly expected?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I just don't understand what DK is being accused of.

The players we've signed are not chosej by Dick Knight, they are scouted and apporved by the manager, after which it is handed to the chairman to do the best he can to find the fee and negotiate contact, which Knight has done for 6 players this window.

As for departing players, in 2 of the cases (Savage and Hammond), Knight was adivsed that the manager wanted to keep the players and offered the best deal possible, which unfortunately was not good enough, and in the other cases we didn't need the players anyway, so to get £35,000 for the likes of Elder is some prettt good business.

I wish people would stop blaming DK for player signings. When we don;t sign players people get on his back, when we do sign players people start reading into pres photos and statements and deciding that Wilkins has nothing to do with the signings. Absolutely ridiculous.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We don't have a manager.

We have Dean Wilkins.

You are seriously boring. I haven't read all your posts, but every single one of late has been pretty much identical. Dean was doing a fine job earlier in the season, before we lost some key players. We are still rebuilding and if you had read a certain programme a while back, you would realise that he is changing a lo of things to do with the club. He needs time and patience. We do NOT have a god given right to be int eh championship or a place in the playoffs. Of course, he is going to do things hat many of us do not agree with, but he has been in professional football for almost 30 years, compared to our....erm....zero years.

I almost miss your white membership rants.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I just don't understand what DK is being accused of.

The players we've signed are not chosej by Dick Knight, they are scouted and apporved by the manager, after which it is handed to the chairman to do the best he can to find the fee and negotiate contact, which Knight has done for 6 players this window.

As for departing players, in 2 of the cases (Savage and Hammond), Knight was adivsed that the manager wanted to keep the players and offered the best deal possible, which unfortunately was not good enough, and in the other cases we didn't need the players anyway, so to get £35,000 for the likes of Elder is some prettt good business.

I wish people would stop blaming DK for player signings. When we don;t sign players people get on his back, when we do sign players people start reading into pres photos and statements and deciding that Wilkins has nothing to do with the signings. Absolutely ridiculous.

That is what I wished was happening ..... but I am afraid that DK continues to meddle when it comes to scouting and indentifying players, which is unacceptable.

He finds a significant sum for Murray ( Good player by all accounts ) whilst couldnt find quite an insignificant increase to key players when we were in a really strong position and would not support the Managers wishes at that time.

He works on his own whims which is unprofessional and is to the detriment of the clubs future progress.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Never a good sign eh

No, I would guess that Hammond and his agent did some decision making too, but like absolutely everyone else on this board, I'm guessing because nonbody knows all of the truth - DK won't know all that goes on between Hammond and his agent, other players won't know and neither will their friends and relatives.

And quite frankly I am amazed that anyone believes anything they read on a facebook site.

Extrapolating from a third-hand rumour to the nonsense that has been spouted recently has been at times entertaining but mostly irritating.

Right now I'm looking forward to a nice (but cold) day in the sunshine cheering on whoever is judged good enough to pull on the blue and white by today's manager. (weather permitting)

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
That is what I wished was happening ..... but I am afraid that DK continues to meddle when it comes to scouting and indentifying players, which is unacceptable.

He finds a significant sum for Murray ( Good player by all accounts ) whilst couldnt find quite an insignificant increase to key players when we were in a really strong position and would not support the Managers wishes at that time.

He works on his own whims which is unprofessional and is to the detriment of the clubs future progress.

surely you mean

That is what I wished was happening ..... but I am afraid that DK continues to meddle when it comes to scouting and indentifying players, which would be unacceptable if it were true.

He finds a significant sum for Murray ( Good player by all accounts ) whilst couldnt or wouldn't find the increase demanded by key players when we were in a really strong position and would not support the Managers wishes at that time.

I think he works on his own whims which would be unprofessional and to the detriment of the clubs future progress

Do you have evidence of him "acting on his own whims" or "meddling in the scouting"?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, I would guess that Hammond and his agent did some decision making too, but like absolutely everyone else on this board, I'm guessing because nonbody knows all of the truth - DK won't know all that goes on between Hammond and his agent, other players won't know and neither will their friends and relatives.

And quite frankly I am amazed that anyone believes anything they read on a facebook site.

Extrapolating from a third-hand rumour to the nonsense that has been spouted recently has been at times entertaining but mostly irritating.

Right now I'm looking forward to a nice (but cold) day in the sunshine cheering on whoever is judged good enough to pull on the blue and white by today's manager. (weather permitting)

I agree with most of that ...... but I continue to say that if you knew how DK works you would be amazed ............ and it is to the detriment to the club and the team.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

1) Do you actually believe that DK scouts the players at all let alone without consulting DW??!! Do you have any evidence to support these wild claims?

2) Who are you referring to when you talk about insignificant increases? Can't be Hammond as he never mentioned money as being the issue with his contract remember it was the clubs ambition. Bas Savage? Well he wanted to be the highest paid player at the club do you agree with that and how do you think the other squad players would react to that? OC he had not intention of staying as had already turned down a contract so not sure who you are referring to

It seems on here you actually don't have to have ANY FACTS to back up your wild accusations just merely sit and speculate and pass it off as fact

:nono:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Why would you think that posting my view on here would be unprofessional ?

Because you are attempting to influence peoples opinion given your "inside" knowledge. If you really are that close to the club - to voice your opinion in such a manner is downright mutiny.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
1) Do you actually believe that DK scouts the players at all let alone without consulting DW??!! Do you have any evidence to support these wild claims?

2) Who are you referring to when you talk about insignificant increases? Can't be Hammond as he never mentioned money as being the issue with his contract remember it was the clubs ambition. Bas Savage? Well he wanted to be the highest paid player at the club do you agree with that and how do you think the other squad players would react to that? OC he had not intention of staying as had already turned down a contract so not sure who you are referring to

It seems on here you actually don't have to have ANY FACTS to back up your wild accusations just merely sit and speculate and pass it off as fact

:nono:

Point 1) Yes, DK will have an input into his opinion of any players ability and will also offer his opinion to players HE believes we should look at.

Point 2) With agreeable negotiations and some work by our Chairman those three players could of been signed and decent progress continued.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Because you are attempting to influence peoples opinion given your "inside" knowledge. If you really are that close to the club - to voice your opinion in such a manner is downright mutiny.

If I did have inside knowledge and knew that some actions were not as professional as they should be, why would I not post those views here.

The real mutiny would be the actions of those people that were wrongly influencing team affairs.

Of course I do not have any inside knowledge.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Point 1) Yes, DK will have an input into his opinion of any players ability and will also offer his opinion to players HE believes we should look at.

Point 2) With agreeable negotiations and some work by our Chairman those three players could of been signed and decent progress continued.

1) I am sure sure DK does have an input along with the DW, the coaching staff, scouting team etc and targets are agreed with DK then follows up. Your posts seem to suggest that transfers are just DK's decision which I think is total bollocks

2) How do you know this do you know the detail of the contracts offered to ALL 3 of these players? My guess is no you do not so are unable to say whether or not they were reasonable deals offered.

Once again your comments appear to be pure speculation can you actually supply any facts to back up these claims????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here