Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do some people care how we are perceived amongst other fans/clubs?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
St John's got paid out, By the fans.

And yes we are pissing ourselves at your current plight :D

Plight? In your dreams it's a plight. As for pissing yourselves, isn't that normal for you lot? Judging by the way Selhurst smells you've all been pissing yourselves for years.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My post has nothing to do with Poyet. It's in response to the thread, ie the way the club is seen by other fans/clubs at the moment. For a bit of context - check any news website with a comment section, youtube, twitter or other clubs' forums.

It's embarrassing.

It's only embarrassing if you are concerned about the opinions of people who are all in knee jerk mode without actually knowing anything about what has been happening for the last few weeks.

Stop looking at those sights if it bothers you that much.

As an aside-how long have you been following The Albion? I ask because it clearly isn't that long.

If you want embarrassing you should have been at The Goldstone for the 0-4 home defeat by Walton and Hersham or the home defeat by Sudbury Town years later. We have been embarrassed by the club a few times-yesterday is not one of them.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Genuinely interested. I couldn't give a toss if every other club in the league hated us, as long as we are successful.

Indeed. I'm not quite sure why people are so bothered about how things look to other people. Provided things are done correctly, I couldn't give a toss what it "looks" like.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
St John's got paid out, By the fans.

And yes we are pissing ourselves at your current plight :D

What is this plight you speak of? I wouldn't base your view on the opinions of 20 or so hand wringers and apologists on here. There are around 30000 (yes thirty thousand) others quite looking forward to seeing who our new manager will be and playing different tactics and with fresh ideas and perhaps without an ego the size of Chelsea, add to that the bonus of not having to visit your sh1thole and seeing you getting smashed week in week out if that's our plight then ill take it thanks.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm pissing myself that you are trying to take the moral highground after screwing local businesses out of money 3 times.

Absolutely, we have not been convicted by the FA of being thieves yet have we? Surely that has to be worse than trying to act within the employment law doesn't it?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
My post has nothing to do with Poyet. It's in response to the thread, ie the way the club is seen by other fans/clubs at the moment. For a bit of context - check any news website with a comment section, youtube, twitter or other clubs' forums.

It's embarrassing.

Embarrassing is walking down the street with your cock hanging out or someone asking if you are pregnant when you are just fat. This isn't embarrassing its all rather entertaining.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I find this quote interesting - because nor do we. In fact many of them know exactly as much as we do - The difference being is that they aren't wearing blue & white tinted spectacles.

My point was why are you bothered and embarrassed by the opinions of people who know absolutely phuck all about what has been going on? It has nothing to do with Blue and White tinted glasses-these people are basing all of their comments on what has been fed to them by Poyet's new publicity team at the BBC which has taken a somewhat biased viewpoint.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'd rather be in our shoes right now than say Newcastle who just seem to make things up on the hoof, or as others suggest certain notorious Clubs who have been serial debtors who stitched lots of genuine local businesses and people in their communities.

Our current issue is a dispute between the employer and a very highly paid employee who irrespective of what had happened behind closed doors is well known for making disloyal and indiscrete public statements. How do we know that his comments on TV last night were not more of the same, in which case we have done the right thing.

I still think there is every chance that The Albion will be vindicated not only over the Gus sacking but also how this was announced.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Genuinely interested. I couldn't give a toss if every other club in the league hated us, as long as we are successful.

think the ones you are on about are the ones that have been banging on about how positive everything has been for you since promotion and the amex and how your club is somehow the envy of all-appears to me they are the ones hurting

It's clear from spending just 5 minutes on these pages that the vast majority find our current scenario embarrassing. All you have to do is look at our newsnow page to see how this is being reported around the world. Do we care how BHAFC is being portrayed? Of course we do, each and every one of us - especially those in denial. Please let's all just hope we get a new manager in as soon as possible so we can move on from this sorry mess together.

I fail to see how the Club can be seen to be " embarrassing " in their handling of this matter. They have been somewhat indecisive - however many Clubs treat managers and players in , what some perceive, as a harsh way. This is mainly due to the fact that many managers and players somewhere along the line treat contracts and their Clubs with contempt.

I am a Gus fan but I should imagine that he is a nightmare to deal with at the best of times. A very difficult situation for the Club probably could have been handled better. In a few weeks time a new (interim) manager will be up and running and hopefully most of the current issues resolved and we can make a good start to the season.

The only comments from other clubs/fans I have seen are from Palace fans who support a Club who shafted the St Johns Ambulance and can't fill 3/4 of their stadium unless they give away tickets. I don't think they would recognise embarrassing if someone stole their trousers in Croydon High street.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's clear from spending just 5 minutes on these pages that the vast majority find our current scenario embarrassing. All you have to do is look at our newsnow page to see how this is being reported around the world. Do we care how BHAFC is being portrayed? Of course we do, each and every one of us - especially those in denial. Please let's all just hope we get a new manager in as soon as possible so we can move on from this sorry mess together.

If you think anyone outside the club and its' fanbase have anything but a mild passing interest in anything we do, if they notice at all, I think you'd be surprised. Working in a London office full of football fans myself, not a sole (or anyone outside) has mentioned anything to me to do with this whole saga. I doubt anyone has noticed and I very much doubt anyone cares.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
If you think anyone outside the club and its' fanbase have anything but a mild passing interest in anything we do, if they notice at all, I think you'd be surprised. Working in a London office full of football fans myself, not a sole (or anyone outside) has mentioned anything to me to do with this whole saga. I doubt anyone has noticed and I very much doubt anyone cares.

football fans or premiership fans who don't notice anything happening outside their world? I have had comments from all of the football fans in my office, one saying that its usually what their club (newcastle) do :lolol:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
BHAFC has always been a club we could be proud of - but the club clearly has lost its values, and these days we are more likely to feel ashamed or embarrassed.

Don't speak on my behalf, thank you.

Have no problem whatsoever with what the club are currently doing and am as proud of them now as I have ever been.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BHAFC has always been a club we could be proud of - but the club clearly has lost its values, and these days we are more likely to feel ashamed or embarrassed.

It's a professional body. I'd rather we follow the process as per UK employment laws than just sack someone with a full payoff and sweep it under the carpet.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

I work in a similar environment to you. We can get to the play-offs and all the premiership supporting colleagues of mine couldn't give a flying. Lat night's fun and games got a reaction out of them this morning - and it wasn't exactly an Albion love-in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here