Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do some Albion fans like Bournemouth ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have mixed feelings towards you I guess. You have the old boys from the early 70's who I understand used to kick the crap out of each other (some of them dont like you), some people dont like you for your little demo, / attack on our New Stand over the Goldstone saga and some people are nonchalant.

I personally think you are allright. I've been reading this forum for years and you seem a sound bunch.

There is one thing I will add however. I cant imagine I will ever see a thread about us on your forum for a long long time. Indeed in a few years you would have completely forgotten about us. New stadium, bigger crowds and a completely different league.

The same happened with Reading. We had a hate /hate relationship with that bunch of spassers for years, donkeys years!! New ground / investment etc and since then nothing, nil, zilcho...different planet, different league and unless they drop to our level we wont see them again.

Well done on the promotion, good luck with the ground etc, so glad you got top spot instead of them down the road, see you in about 30 years.

hang on mate it's still in your hands to go up isn't it? win a few games and you are up there!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
The thing Bournemouth should really be admired for is the way they have built a successful squad on a pittance. Picking up players who have dropped through the leagues for nothing & supplimenting these players with excellent local youngsters.
Sam Vokes, Brett Pitman, Josh McQuoid all local lads who made their name with the cherries.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Lived down there for 3 years in the early 1970's.Had a good time and also watched a few matches in the days of Ted Macdougal and Phil Boyer with big head John Bond as manager.
Lovely area,prefer it to Brighton any day..................but as far a football teams are concerned there is no contest.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My mum moved to BNMTH when I was ay UNi and had a great time there in the hols. Will always have a soft spot for them. Even went to a couple of games. They're a nice little club that doesn't cause trouble. Not a seconmd teram but like tham more than Saints and Pompey.

Saying that I much prefer the Real AFC Bournemouth (the Poppies).

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I was born and raised in Dorset and my first footballing memories are from when my dad took me to watch Bournemouth at Dean Court. I would like them to do well and I think they are set for the play offs.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
....... You have the old boys from the early 70's who I understand used to kick the crap out of each other (some of them dont like you),
The only season I can remember there being real animosity between Brighton and Bournemouth was 1971/72 when we were both going for promotion.
Your fans turned up very early for the game at the Goldstone and "took" the North Stand. However, as more and more Brighton fans arrived, fighting broke out and the B'mouth fans were gradually driven into one corner. After the game the Albion fans attacked the Bournemouth coaches and many windows were broken.
There was obviously going to be trouble at the return fixture and after the game the B'mouth fans ambushed the Brighton contingent and chased them to Pokesdown station and stoned them while they were waiting on the platform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here