Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do posters on here have trouble with NSP ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
When NSC was down again last night I had a wonder around NSP and was certainly an alternative to some of the tame threads on here.Not much footie talk and plenty of naughty swear words but they seem to enjoy themselves.Why is there so many words of fighting between the two sites ?
Obvously if you don't like what is said don't bother going on there and like wise if NSP posters come on here and get annoyed by some posts they can venture back onto NSP.I think it is good having two such entertaining sites with some very different views.
NSP like reading Viz or Private Eye,NSC like reading a daily paper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tend to lurk around NSP now and then, as some of the stuff on there is funny. To be honest, I wish the guys on NSP were posting on NSC more often instead of "over there" - its always good to see a good ruck on here now and then, with some puerile abuse and strategic CAPITALS thrown in. NSC has gone fairly quiet lately, and I can't put my finger on why.

Are posters going over to NSP because its quiet on NSC
or
Is NSC quiet because posters are going on NSP

My days don't seem complete without seeing Safeway or Chappers upsetting someone, or calling someone a f***ing BINNER.

NSP = Lizard Central

I used Lizard Central. I don't use NSP.

Why? Cos I cannot be arsed to be checking two message boards.

Also I feel that the userbase gets diluted - the more boards you have, the less people you have on each one = not so interesting. Perhaps a lot of people will use both, but I am sure some go just to one.

If LC comes back, I'll post there - it was the same content, but in one place. And it was a great laugh - you could post stuff without fearing the PC brigade :rolleyes:

Mr C said:
NSP = Lizard Central

Almost. NSP is Lizard Central with NO barriers. The difference may be subtle but it is tangible.

Mr C said:
Also I feel that the userbase gets diluted - the more boards you have, the less people you have on each one = not so interesting. Perhaps a lot of people will use both, but I am sure some go just to one.

Not strictly true. Only Chappers has said outright that he's not posting on here anymore, and I think that's more to do with the SHAME of racking up 10,000 posts than anything else.

Aside from that nobody has said they're boycotting NSC all together.

The problem seems to have arisen since NSC's short 'downtime', the blame for which was laid firmly at my door. Not that I give two shits what people think (that's not to say I didn't take the matter seriously) but since then there seems to have been a bit of a backlash against all things that don't two the party line (whatever that is, because there's never been one). Certainly some people have used the downtime as an excuse to pick on others and take a 'holier than thou' stance. Which, of course is bollocks, but there you go.

At the end of the day I couldn't care less if a few people get the hump about stuff I say on here, and I'm sure that goes for most people. It's an open forum and as such you have to accept that there will be many different types of people, of which different individuals use NSC for different purposes. And f*** it, it's the barneys on here that often liven it up.

Contrary to popular belief, everyone is welcome on NSP. Just make sure you know what you're letting yourself in for first.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've never been (not even once) on North Stand Polls for one reason only - it's got 'Polls' in the title. Until oapdodge posted up top of this thread I sorta just assumed that it was just more of the same shit slackers-answer-to-conversation polls of which there's more than enough on here. Maybe NSP could boost its readership by a big giant factor just by rebranding the name.

You have not been charged for this service. :angel:

Safeway said:
Almost. NSP is Lizard Central with NO barriers. The difference may be subtle but it is tangible.
Hasn't NSP been shut down though a couple of times for overstepping the mark?
Not strictly true. Only Chappers has said outright that he's not posting on here anymore, and I think that's more to do with the SHAME of racking up 10,000 posts than anything else.

Aside from that nobody has said they're boycotting NSC all together.
Yeah ok fair point. I still think though that having to visit two boards is my sticking point, however petty that might sound though!

The problem seems to have arisen since NSC's short 'downtime', the blame for which was laid firmly at my door. Not that I give two shits what people think (that's not to say I didn't take the matter seriously) but since then there seems to have been a bit of a backlash against all things that don't two the party line (whatever that is, because there's never been one). Certainly some people have used the downtime as an excuse to pick on others and take a 'holier than thou' stance. Which, of course is bollocks, but there you go.

Some people are too sensitive, I think we know that. It's a shame, but it's life.

Contrary to popular belief, everyone is welcome on NSP. Just make sure you know what you're letting yourself in for first.

I do.... if only I didn't have soooo much work to do :p

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've nothing against NSP. It's an alternative to NSC aimed at the Under 25's. Definitely not for any of us over 30.

I have read it a couple of times. It's just a few of the lads having a laugh. Mind you, there seems to be an obsession with this board of late! ??? (I'm guessing that NSP members read this board more that the other way around though).

Live and Let Live I say!

It did make me laugh, on another thread, where someone mentioned those of us who post on Brightonfans.com as readers between the Daily Express and a Railway mag. (with no insult intended). I can't stand the express! :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or railway mags! :p

Buzza said:
I've nothing against NSP. It's an alternative to NSC aimed at the Under 25's.

Oops. I'm 27. :(

Basically all NSP is is a load of people (not just lads) pissing around having a laugh. Yes a lot of it is VERY childish, but we KNOW we're being childish. There's a huge difference between being immature and acting immature.

Like the signature says, there's a bit of it in all of us. It's just a case of whether or not we want to discover it and let ourselves go. ;)

Edit: There's actually a couple of the more 'respectable' NSC names that post on NSP albeit under different aliases. Interesting ones at that. :)

Last edited:

Safeway said:
The problem seems to have arisen since NSC's short 'downtime', the blame for which was laid firmly at my door.

Oh dear boy, but you wear the crown of NSP martyrdom SO BEAUTIFULLY. Nothing has become you so much as playing the persecuted little comedy terrorist on the run from the big bad NSC mods.

S'funny, from what discussion there was I seem to remember the downtime "blame" being spread fairly evenly between you and those who couldn't understand a not-that-complicated joke. But there you go, I'm over 25 too and the senile dementia must be kicking in.

I have to say if I prided myself on pushing the envelope on comedy taste a bit, I would regard a bollocking from a NSC mod as an occupational hazard, in fact, even a badge of honour. I certainly wouldn't be taking my football home to play elsewhere.

I'm generally just TOO f***ing LAZY to open two browsers so I'm mildly bored that I may miss out on some good jokes if all you NSP CLOWNS just sit there giggling amongst yourselves. I can't even be ARSED to find an avatar for this site still less go through all the BOLLOCKS of registering somewhere else.

I generally take the Swiss Toni-ish view that if NSC is like making love to a beautiful woman, NSP is like coming to the end of a 30-second wank and discovering no Kleenex left.

But it has to be said, the great consolation is that at least this NSC/NSP "fued" might really blow up to provide some excellent HISSY FITS.

ENTERTAIN US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Buzza said:
..... It did make me laugh, on another thread, where someone mentioned those of us who post on Brightonfans.com as readers between the Daily Express and a Railway mag. (with no insult intended). I can't stand the express! :lolol:
That was me! I was just trying to make comparisons between the 'poster-base' of the different boards and I have the greatest respect for Simon and the people who post on Brightonfans.com.
Sorry about the 'Express' comment, I will gladly withdraw it if it caused offence!

Like others I have absolutely no problem with NSP, I'm glad it exists, it fills a void and I've even posted on it myself from time to time (though not in it's new incarnation). The only board where I've come across totally anally-retentive posters and real spite is Always-skint which I stopped using a long time ago.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Buzza said:
I've nothing against NSP. It's an alternative to NSC aimed at the Under 25's. Definitely not for any of us over 30.

'kin ell !! I'm 86 and I still do it !!:lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I would like to point out that North Stand Polls have agreed to donate a sum of money to the REMF as sponsorship for one of the players. :clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Your employer ? I thought that was ...... Mrs Simster .....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh, self employment isn't so cool is it ? Oh well, nice one anyway. BTW, NSP is a matter of taste (assuming you have none :lolol: )

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Buzza said:

oh shite really :jester: I'm a few years overdue then :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
NSP - hmmmmm :lolol: the ones I've met are nice guys, so fair play to them for setting up a site to do exactly what they want to do.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here