Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do Palace call us Weeds

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Scummers picked it up after hearing that Arsenal had chanted Seaweed at us in response to Seagulls, you don't think one of them would have had the nous to come up with it themselves do you???

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The Scummers picked it up after hearing that Arsenal had chanted Seaweed at us in response to Seagulls, you don't think one of them would have had the nous to come up with it themselves do you???

Now that makes much more sense.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i remember all round good egg colin hawkins getting a rousing welcome on to the pitch at withdean as if he was playing for us , then another splendid round of applause 2 minutes later when he got sent off

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Many years back in a game against Charlton ( at Upton Park I seem to remember) Gary Nelson walked out on to the pitch as a Charlton player to a rousing reception from Brighton fans
" One Gary Nelson, theres only one Gary Nelson" etc etc. A couple of minutes later he scored. The chant then seemlessly changed to " Gary Nelson, hes a w**nker, hes a w**nker"
Great stuff

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
But seaweed is a highly nutritious super food that promotes healthy hair and nail growth.

Albion fans have the best looking nails and hair in the Championship. Palace are clearly jealous of our grooming.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
in honest truth I think that they also use the term as it makes them feel all tough and macho as it gives a significant percepion that they have done and will continue to frighten us 'of the pitch'. Sums it up I suppose.

This sums it up - "F off".

Weed rather call you something homophobic I expect, but you rather attract bthat by insinuating that We are.
I think that makes YOU fell tough and macho...at the game. Back 'ome it's pass the hamster, darling.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
But seaweed is a highly nutritious super food that promotes healthy hair and nail growth.

Albion fans have the best looking nails and hair in the Championship. Palace are clearly jealous of our grooming.

Have you ever looked at seaweed after a few days washed up , full of creepy-crawlies? How apt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here