Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do our own fans slag us off?

I don't think many of us that support this club understand the moaners, and it has nothing to do with past history. I think what some don't understand is we are 7th in the league, at our best we were 1st and at our worst we were 16th, and we are actually candidates for a play off place for the Prem.

Instead of them slagging off the team tactics and slagging off individuals, I would actually like them to get behind us for the remainder of the campaign, instead of having this inner resentment for the management staff, for which I personally cannot understand. Actually stand up and be a voice in the crowd. Analyse what has f***ed you off when the season ends, not in the crucial part of it.

It is rolled out time and again by those that don't particularly support us, I have come to believe, just come here when we lose, how much they could do a better job, butchers, bakers, soldiers, sailors... all can do a better job. I have noticed, to a point, the people that can do a better job are the ones that watch their footy on Sky and have learnt it from Andy Gray and Gary Neville. They come on here with their 'radical' ideas about how Gus should do this and not that and use this player here and that player there. Quality armchair theories. They obviously train these boys 5 days a week, they take scouts memo's, survey the injury list and suspension possibilities, look at the pitch size, oppositions basic standards, etc. If we sack Gus and take on the NSC management I reckon we'll have to allocate about 145 seats for the home dug out. They go on about us having 5 wingers, but Gus bought them all. Would John Smith recently released from Barnet and now Brighton manager attract them in the first place? So all these armchair fans now tell us how much better Brighton would be under them with the squad available to them that Gus has brought together because he is Gus Poyet and he attracts this standard of player. So these armchair fans would have this squad and they would also be in the Championship because they were that good to get us there.

I have been supporting and watching Brighton since 1973 and apart from the Mullers years I don't remember another time when we have had it so good. In fact we have it better, so much better, the Goldstone was a shithole, the Amex isn't. We have a future. We have a squad. We have a management team. We have an executive board that believes in the club. We have a ground to be proud of. What the f*** are you miseries moaning about? So we don't get play offs first season, so what? Is that an excuse to jump on the manager? You are the people that have a serious problem in your lives, not those that are enjoying what we are doing. And I am totally serious when I say... go support someone else and stop festering NSC and the club, you are a disgrace to the name of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I hope that answers your sanctimonious bleating [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION], you have goaded me to answer your threads but I prefer to make my own.

Having said that, I got up for a slash and had an epiphany and wrote this. Back to bed now.
Its because sometimes we are crap and the manager is often way out in his choices!NOT ONE TO MOAN MYSELF NEVER THOUGHT GP WAS GOD SO QUITE HAPPY WITH THE MANS MISTAKES!PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION NO MATTER WHAT THEY TRY TO TELL YOU ON HERE!:moo:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
These are sweeping generalisations and I guess I am one of those you are criticising for daring to suggest that something could be done better, a different set up, a different player here or there

Thankfully I've a mind of my own, have an opinion and respect everyone's point of view ... it's interesting for me to see it all and as much as I don't agree with some of the things I see on here as I don't with your point I like to read it and understand where others are coming from.

If all we got was "I love Gus" "I was at Gillingham so I'm great" "3 years ago we were about to be relegated" then I doubt I'd bother even logging in .... hardly stimulating and/or thought provoking

Have to say I have always respected your views and not for one moment thought of you in this sickly little mind of the few.

This and this again.

For those moaning:

Last year home and away

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333871317243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333871317243.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333871374494.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333871374494.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 31

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]... go away you attention seeker, you have nothing to offer around any table.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
[MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]... go away you attention seeker, you have nothing to offer around any table.

This gets even better by the minute, you start a thread criticising other fans who may have a view and now you only want selective ones to respond.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think many of us that support this club understand the moaners, and it has nothing to do with past history. I think what some don't understand is we are 7th in the league, at our best we were 1st and at our worst we were 16th, and we are actually candidates for a play off place for the Prem.

Instead of them slagging off the team tactics and slagging off individuals, I would actually like them to get behind us for the remainder of the campaign, instead of having this inner resentment for the management staff, for which I personally cannot understand. Actually stand up and be a voice in the crowd. Analyse what has f***ed you off when the season ends, not in the crucial part of it.

It is rolled out time and again by those that don't particularly support us, I have come to believe, just come here when we lose, how much they could do a better job, butchers, bakers, soldiers, sailors... all can do a better job. I have noticed, to a point, the people that can do a better job are the ones that watch their footy on Sky and have learnt it from Andy Gray and Gary Neville. They come on here with their 'radical' ideas about how Gus should do this and not that and use this player here and that player there. Quality armchair theories. They obviously train these boys 5 days a week, they take scouts memo's, survey the injury list and suspension possibilities, look at the pitch size, oppositions basic standards, etc. If we sack Gus and take on the NSC management I reckon we'll have to allocate about 145 seats for the home dug out. They go on about us having 5 wingers, but Gus bought them all. Would John Smith recently released from Barnet and now Brighton manager attract them in the first place? So all these armchair fans now tell us how much better Brighton would be under them with the squad available to them that Gus has brought together because he is Gus Poyet and he attracts this standard of player. So these armchair fans would have this squad and they would also be in the Championship because they were that good to get us there.

I have been supporting and watching Brighton since 1973 and apart from the Mullers years I don't remember another time when we have had it so good. In fact we have it better, so much better, the Goldstone was a shithole, the Amex isn't. We have a future. We have a squad. We have a management team. We have an executive board that believes in the club. We have a ground to be proud of. What the f*** are you miseries moaning about? So we don't get play offs first season, so what? Is that an excuse to jump on the manager? You are the people that have a serious problem in your lives, not those that are enjoying what we are doing. And I am totally serious when I say... go support someone else and stop festering NSC and the club, you are a disgrace to the name of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I hope that answers your sanctimonious bleating [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION], you have goaded me to answer your threads but I prefer to make my own.

Having said that, I got up for a slash and had an epiphany and wrote this. Back to bed now.

How utterly boring.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This gets even better by the minute, you start a thread criticising other fans who may have a view and now you only want selective ones to respond.

Yeah I'm wrong but big letters in bold colours isn't good for my eyes, I guess it's a disability thing and it annoys me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The manager should never be immune from criiticism when its deserved. There's never going to come a time anytime soon when its going to be acceptable to desert your post five minutes from the end of a vital game with your side a goal down. What if McGhee had taken the same attitude v Swindon in the play-off semi-final instead of screaming at Virgo to get upfield? Highly selective I know, but it illustrates a point. Its like when he used to turn his back on penalties at Withdean and go behind the dugout. He's paid to watch these things. And if he's not watching them he's not learning. Not a good idea if you want to be a manager at the highest level. If that kind of flakey behaviour is left unchecked it'll only get worse, and he'll end up with a reputation as an eccentric loose-cannon.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The manager should never be immune from criiticism when its deserved. There's never going to come a time anytime soon when its going to be acceptable to desert your post five minutes from the end with your side a goal down. What if McGhee had taken the same attitude v Swindon in the play-off semi-final instead of screaming at Virgo to get upfield. Highly selective I know, but it illustrates a point. Its like when he used to turn his back on penalties at Withdean and go behind the dugout. He's paid to watch these things. And if he's not watching them he's not learning. Not a good idea if you want to be a manager at the highest level. If that kind of flakey behaviour is left unchecked it'll only get worse, and he'll end up with a reputation as an eccentric loose-cannon.

I didn't say don't criticise the management or the players I just said there is a time and place, and the time and place is not now!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I can't sleep now... pumped up from the few pints, not 12 as [MENTION=23180]WSU[/MENTION] said lol

Can you understand me fella when I say this isn't the time to be calling for the head of the manager and all the other associated shit? As I'm saying, why don't these miserable bastards leave it until the end of the season? We should seriously be excited about the last 5 games, not feeling embarrassed by the threads made about wanting Gus Poyet's head. I'm embarrassed by them. The miseries argument is we talk about history, we talk about Preistfield and Withers. But it ain't about that... it is about us being 7th in the Championship, being close enough to smell it and winning more games than we lose. But it just isn't good enough for this miserable few on here that just irritates the rest of us. And for me personally, because I don't reply to the 1001 Burns induced threads yesterday I am one of the quiet ones? What the fucks that all about? It's fine asking for Gus' head on one thread but do it about 4 or 5 times? I personally feel people like him should go, seriously just go, allow Brighton supporters to support Brighton. Go find a Dagenham type side where they feel comfortable. Yeah it is doing my head in.

A football forum that can get someone so upset. LOOOL Get a life mate.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I didn't say don't criticise the management or the players I just said there is a time and place, and the time and place is not now!

I'd say now more than ever as we go into free-fall and miss out on the play-offs - do you actually understand football and emotions ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'd argue its exactly the right place and time i.e. on here, straight after the game in question. We all say our piece, wipe the slate clean and move on Tuesday's game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd argue its exactly the right place and time i.e. on here, straight after the game in question. We all say our piece, wipe the slate clean and move on Tuesday's game.

So you are in agreement with those that say Poyet should be sacked, the ridiculing of our management and the berating of the players in our team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here